Not lost 1 full lb in 18 days...

Options
I have been eating healthily with this site for about 18 day and working out and I have lost a total of 0.5lbs. I have lost inches and body fat but I am really unsure of what I am doing to have not lost at least 1lb. I have stuck to my net cal intake of 1200 cals, is this actually too little to be eating?

I know logically all the right things too say to myself, that I've lost inches, clothes are fitting etc but I can't help but be a little disheartened in finding I haven't lost a single lb.

Am I stuck at a plateau ? My body adjusting to the new exercise regime I bought in? Or am I actually eating too little? I know no one can say what's up for sure, just wondering if anyone has any ideas or ha been here before?

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hmmm never mind, I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.
  • NykolePettway
    NykolePettway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same situation. I lost a total of 3 lbs but I am very overweight. The more you weight the more you lose. I have lost inches and I feel so much better but I understand what you mean by the scale not moving. Perhaps we are working out so well that we are transforming our bodies, by gaining muscle and toning.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same situation. I lost a total of 3 lbs but I am very overweight. The more you weight the more you lose. I have lost inches and I feel so much better but I understand what you mean by the scale not moving. Perhaps we are working out so well that we are transforming our bodies, by gaining muscle and toning.

I really do hope this is the case. I have really increased my activity and work out 6 days a week but nothing =/ but congratulations on the 3lb loss! That's amazing =)
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If you are working out and losing inches, you are 1) gaining muscle 2) losing fat. I can deduce this because you say that you haven't lost weight, but you've lost inches. Trust me, you're losing fat. Eventually you'll reach a point where you are not gaining muscle anymore. Then you'll notice that you're losing weight much faster.

Do not give up!!!!! I know that if you try and try and try and don't see the scale change then you'll splurge. That's human nature. Try to avoid that behaviour. We all do it but try anyway, okay?