i have been ask to leave my gym

Options
i have been ask to leave my gym because i will do 3 or 4 kick boxing sessions etc back to back
i am 18 stone in weight so i am on the big side.
there are the members who have been going a year or so and just about do 1 or 2 back to back
they have moaned saying i am showing them up.
so i told them you better train harder so they have banned me i am not happy

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to work out there anyway if they were like that. Move on and find somewhere else to work out.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I think you might be doing a bit too much exercise there...
  • tdcibilly
    tdcibilly Posts: 78
    Options
    i used to race i am training to half the level i was doing as i am trying to get back to my race weight for the winter comps to start
    i know i do push myself hard but i alway have my rest days etc.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Find another gym.
  • tdcibilly
    Options
    i am now as they have texted me and said i am a freak of nature
    oh well now to find new gym
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What kinda gym is this? I would find a new one.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Find a new gym with people the same level as you... could be more of a challenge and more enjoyable for you as well. :) Don't let the haters discourage you!
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Have you every considered training in MMA more specifically Muay Thai? Kickboxing is a great beginner level but sounds like your past it. Move on up :)

PS When haters are hating it's cause they are appreciating ;) lol
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have been ask to leave my gym because i will do 3 or 4 kick boxing sessions etc back to back
    i am 18 stone in weight so i am on the big side.
    there are the members who have been going a year or so and just about do 1 or 2 back to back
    they have moaned saying i am showing them up.
    so i told them you better train harder so they have banned me i am not happy

Sue. They are discriminating against you.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right? If you're paying for a membership, what can they do? Get your money back from them or sue them for breach of contract. Most gyms charge you for 6months upfront.
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used to train MMA about 4 days a week about 2-3hrs at a time, but the gym was specifically for martial arts so nobody complained. If they're going to be rude to you then find another gym that appreciates that you want to train your *kitten* off!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    They sound pretty rude, find a gym with more like minded people.

Sorry.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    i am now as they have texted me and said i am a freak of nature

Seriously???? Discrimination and harrassment??? Find another gym and destroy their reputation via internet posts!
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That's insane! You pay your membership fee like everyone else! Why would they be dictating your workouts! there job is to hold the class for who ever shows up...I smell a little law suit if you ask me...but that may be extreme on my part.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That is crazy, I have never heard of a gym banning someone for working out too much.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you must go to planet fitness
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Spend your money somewhere they appreciate it.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Definitely time for a new gym. Get your money back & let management (corporate if they are a chain ) know about the text. I'm thinking, but not sure, that text harassment might be a crime like phone harassment and the business should be aware there could be legal ramifications. Then, move on.
  • tdcibilly
    Options
    thanks all i have got a induction at a new gym tomorrow.(they look alot better as they do mixed kickboxing mma etc)
    and they have got classes on just food awareness etc.

plus my old gym i have emailed there head office just waiting to hear back
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i totally agree you need to stand up for your rights....they cannot ban you for that!!!