People Eating 1200 a Day

Options
123457»

Replies

• helenlp83
    helenlp83 Posts: 67
    Options
    MFP worked out that my cals should be 1200 a day. I have to say that I viewed it as long as it was below 1500 I was happy (on days I didn't do exercise) and on days I do I eat the extra calories I've earned. I know it's still less than what I used to eat. which is a vast improvement. I'm currently doing a 2 weeks of staying under my calories (with exercise) so kick start myself again. I need to get back to the right mentality.

I also fill out my diary for the day so I know what I'm eating and what I can fit in/what exercise I need to do etc. You can add me and see my diary. I normally have for brekkie 2 slices of brown toast with low suar jam or a bowl of muesli with skimmed milk and dried fruit ( both of which are weighed out for portion control). Lunch ham salad sandwich on brown bread with no dressing followed by a low fat yoghurt/fruit or 40g pasta with salad and a low fat dressing. And dinner is what ever I facy really and I'll work to burn off the calories. Tonight I'm having toad in the hole. Last night was mushroom risotto, sunday I had a roast dinner with 2 yorkshire puddings but swapped the roast potatoes for boiled and piled up the veg. At the star of each week I buy fruit to keep on my desk at work to snack on and try to drink a litre of water a day at least but I do find it hard to do. If I fancy something sweet I'll have a bit of chocolate. I try and look for the low fat/skinny version of things or even get some malteasers/aero because it's lower in cals then say a snickers is.

It will take some getting used to because your body has been used to more calories. If you were eating loads before I see no reason why you don't do a week at 1700 then a week at 1600 then down again to 1500. You will still lose weight if that's your main goal because you will be eating less then you did before. Once you've been on MFP for a while you pick up how many cals are in things so you can pick the options that suit you more
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me or I will add you. You are more than welcome to look at what I eat. I use the Cooking Light cookbooks. They are AMAZING. My husband sometimes puts a slight spin on them but for the most part they are exactly within the calorie range. Try it out!!!

Thanks for sharing, I am looking for more recipes
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You are IN LUCK! Today was a no exercise day, so the sucky 1200 it was. Nowadays, I like to workout just so I can add a few more filling food items to my day.

In fact, I may throw in an exercise video later on. It's 7:14 pm and I think I'm hungry again. I'll drink more water & see. :(