Maybe a silly question...

Options
Hi ladies

I used the BMR calculator and it alloted me 1377 cals per day (my target is 1400)
I'm a SAHM to a 2/4 yr old with NO help...DH works long hours
I'm very active with the kids....do lots of running up and down the stairs (lots of times I make extra trips on purpose), dishes, baths, changing the kids etc etc etc
I'm ashamed to admit...I don't officially exercise at this time...don't flame me...
I'm just too tired after the kids go to bed...

Would all of my running around count as exercise and should I be eating more calories
With good choices, the 1400 a day works for me

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I used the BMR calculator and it alloted me 1377 cals per day (my target is 1400)
    I'm a SAHM to a 2/4 yr old with NO help...DH works long hours
    I'm very active with the kids....do lots of running up and down the stairs (lots of times I make extra trips on purpose), dishes, baths, changing the kids etc etc etc
    I'm ashamed to admit...I don't officially exercise at this time...don't flame me...
    I'm just too tired after the kids go to bed...

Would all of my running around count as exercise and should I be eating more calories
    With good choices, the 1400 a day works for me

Kim
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Sure, best thing you can do is buy a polar watch and heart monitor. They are a tad expensive, but you will be able to keep a very accurate measurement of your daily calorie burn. It will tell you exactly how many extra calories you burn in a day, customized to your height, weight, age, and heartrate. It's very nice.
  • hrutenkroger
    Options
    You can also go to http://www.self.com/fitness/activity/calculators/

They give caloric burn estimates on all kinds of activities, (including playing with kids) I think their estimates are a bit high, so I adjust for sanity purposes. (Don't want to get too excited now do we?)

Happy tracking!