NSF... Non Scale Fail

Just curious to see if anyone else has noticed the need to reduce the dosage of over the counter medication they take now that they have lost weight?

I have pretty bad TMJ and on my worst days need to take a muscle relaxant to avoid tension headaches. I'm 5'11" and had a start weight of 248 lbs. Until recently, I had been taking two extra strength pills to get the needed relief. Today, I took 2 pills rather absent mindedly and it has left me a little foggy and nauseous.

I would just be interested to see if anyone else has noticed this type of change.

Replies

• historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    I have really bad TMJ also and I have noticed recently that I don't need to take pain nearly as much. I am not in nearly as much pain and before, I had days where the pain would get so bad that I could not function at all.
  • sophie428
    sophie428 Posts: 27
    I have really bad TMJ also and I have noticed recently that I don't need to take pain nearly as much.

You must be thrilled!
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    I would imagine that this is the case, most medications are based off weight. If you have lost a significant amount of weight, I would talk with your doctor about possibly reducing your dosage. Pain meds are often not as based on weight as other maintenance type meds are, but still if you can avoid putting something like that in your body, you're probably better off.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    I have really bad TMJ also and I have noticed recently that I don't need to take pain nearly as much.

You must be thrilled!

absolutely, can't wait to go back to the chiropractor to brag. He maybe unhappy to see me less. The Chiropractor and my new weightloss and exercise routine have helped so much.