Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

great article explaining sugars & fruit

astridfeline
astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
What Sweetener Should You Choose? Sugar? Honey? Agave Nectar?
"Don’t assume that a cookie or soft drink made with raw sugar or agave nectar or something else “natural” is healthful. Organic junk is still junk. I don’t care if it’s a cookie made with USDA-certified organic evaporated cane juice plowed under a Fair Trade banner. Your body doesn’t care either. Sugar is sugar once it hits the stomach acid and bloodstream. Just because it’s sold at Whole Foods does not make it good for you.

So what’s the best sugar you can eat? None. If you need (and I use that term loosely) to add something to your food or drink, use the least processed that you can get, which would be either honey or probably evaporated cane juice, and use sparingly. In the end though, avoid sweeteners as much as possible and stick to the natural sweetness of blueberries, apples, and papaya. We can argue until we’re blue in the face about what fruits are best due to lower fructose content and all of that, but if I can get someone to drop the cakes, sodas, and cookies, I bet they can eat apples all day long and be just fine."

http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2008/4/18/what-sweetener-should-you-choose-sugar-honey-agave-nectar/

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    A great article gotta be sure to check the link thanks freind:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    yeah they say if you need to have sugar the reg sugar is better than any of the sweet and low or calorie free ones out there it best to go with out sugar the sugar in fruit is good but i cant put fruit sugar in my coffee and honey dose not tast good real sugar takes up to many salories that takes me back to sweet and low its:drinker:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    bump :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.