Too much H20 makes me thirstier thru the night???

Options
kolkol
kolkol Posts: 300 Member
This is really weird & I do not understand it at all, has/does this happen to anyone else?

I was told to drink a gallon of water a day by a personal trainer, I had noticed a while back that when I drank all or almost all of that gallon, through the night when I'd wake up to use the bathroom, I was extremely thirsty, I thought it was weird, but then got out of the drinking so much water, probably barely drinking enough, I'd sleep right through the night, Id be up once to use restroom but not thirsty.
Now yesterday I wanted to get back on my gallon a day and so I drank it all, of course I was up a lot through the night for restroom but why was I so thirsty when I had hydrated myself so much yesterday???

Replies

• LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you: BUT I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

I drink about 4-6 liters of water a day (my body is happy to be hydrated) and experience the very.same.thing.

SO frustrating when I get up several times a night to pee (or many times during the day) and am still thirsty : /

I also watch my sodium intake and due to a recent health diagnosis I'm off sugar.

If anyone has an answer for us, that'd be tasy!

xo
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ah so I'm not that crazy, hehe. No one was answering me so I was like wow I must be really whacky. But its so weird yesterday I was so thirsty at times yet Im drinking on my water all day!
    I did make sure I stopped drinking as much close to bed time, so it helped w/not getting up 3 times like the other night.
    Ill have to watch my sodium! Thinking back to that night I did eat crabs and they are really high in sodium & would make you thirsty but I drank a lot during and after but I guess it still makes you thirsty for longer? This has happened more so maybe Ill watch what I eat to see if thats the problem which I dont think it is always the case