30DS Starting Today Join?

Options
2»

Replies

• bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I didn't use any weights, I'm too out of shape as it is, lol! I'm just about to start day 2, took all my measurements earlier and hopefully I'll make myself stick to this and see (and feel) some results.

Edit: just did day 2 and it's definitely this work out that's hurting my neck. The jumping jacks and jump rope make me tense my neck up something fierce, any suggestions?

I have found that when my neck gets tense or even hurting during workouts if I look toward the floor instead of right at the tv (not straight down at my feet but a point on the floor near bottom of tv or something) extending/stretching the neck muscles a bit while doing that section of the workout then it eases the tension and pain and I can get through that section without stopping completely to ease the problem.
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 last night. I was REALLY sore the first couple days, but today I am feeling great! I found last night that I was already modifying less and was able to push harder than I was on the first few days. I was still absolutely drenched by the middle of the second set, but didn't have to stop nearly as much to catch my breath/grab a drink in the middle.

I created a custom cardio for "30 DS" and used this formula that I found in a post from someone else to figure calories (they mentioned that it came from the Jillian Michaels site):

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

Good luck everyone!
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I created a custom cardio for "30 DS" and used this formula that I found in a post from someone else to figure calories (they mentioned that it came from the Jillian Michaels site):

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

I don't like this calculation...it means I burned less calories than I thought (using circuit training, general)! lol ok well now I know and can adjust.

I just don't know what to think about everyone else's experience with 30DS being such a killer the first few days. Today was Day 1 for me and it was not hard for me. There wasn't anything in it I haven't been doing in the Debbie Siebers Slim in 6 series the last few months. Maybe that is why and if that's the case, I am thankful that that prepared me for Jillian. But I am totally worrying that I am not getting the "burn" that everyone else is getting.
  • clevethin
    clevethin Posts: 26
    Options
    I hope everyone is still hanging in there and doing well! I think I am ready to move onto level 2 tomorrow!!!!
    Wooo Hoo!!!!!!!!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I did level one day 2 this morning and I am sore!! mostly legs/butt but some chest/arms from push ups. I'm hoping that the soreness passes after a couple of days.