"The Newsroom" on HBO

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I would like to know which country IS the greatest in the world. Maybe all of you can pack up and move there.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Yep you said that. Like what?

Poor leadership from both sides of the aisle, entitlement program misuse, unions and special interest groups.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    First, let me guess...you never served 1 Day in Uniform...have you?

Take anything out of context and you can make an argument for the opposite.

There is NO GREATER COUNTRY!
    More Defense Spending? Because the world EXPECTS the USA to fix it's own problems.
    More belief in Angels? Because our country was FOUNDED on religious beliefs and Freedoms of oppression.

yada yada yada....If you dont like it here. Renounce your citizenship and TRY to live as Free as you do now with the luxuries you have. And if you do like your freedoms and the money you make, and everything else that comes with being a US Citizen, STOP SAYING OUR COUNTRY SUCKS. The government is not the greatest, but this country IS!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    I would like to know which country IS the greatest in the world. Maybe all of you can pack up and move there.
    It's probably Sweden and if you're willing to PAY for the move, I'll go.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I can't even express how much I love this show and we're only what, 3 episodes in? AWESOME!

ETA: I love my country and wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world! Would I like to see changes in the way things are run, ruled, controlled, and all the things that have gone down the $#itter? Of course! Still the best Country in the world, to me!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Not sure why these three things are negative:
    Most incarcerated criminals? Perhaps that suggests that we have better law enforcement and keeping criminals off the street. To me, that's a plus.
    More people who believe in angels? Another plus to me.
    We pay more on defense? Right. The USA does far more for other countries than any other country.

I'm staying where I am.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    THIS SHOW IS FANTASTIC!

Though I'm leaning more to Mac's character than Jeff Daniels as a favorite.

Glad to see him back though...I always liked him.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

More Defense Spending? Because the world EXPECTS the USA to fix it's own problems.
    More belief in Angels? Because our country was FOUNDED on religious beliefs and Freedoms of oppression.

yada yada yada....If you dont like it here. Renounce your citizenship and TRY to live as Free as you do now with the luxuries you have. And if you do like your freedoms and the money you make, and everything else that comes with being a US Citizen, STOP SAYING OUR COUNTRY SUCKS. The government is not the greatest, but this country IS!

This is a very good point. Not to mention the fact that we can talk about these things freely on the internet.

If you were/are a soldier, thank you for your service.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I am not saying the US sucks, but I live in Canada and you can have the same freedom and all the luxuries you have and have FREE medical services and make more money. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    But what does that have to do with greatness? You can serve in the service and be a total nut job and go out and kill people. It's been done.
    But you can also take away the sugar coating and affirm the facts.
    Tell that to Canadians, Swedes, and Japan.
    Or because it's one of our biggest ways to DEFEND charging tax payers more and more each year.
    No it was founded on religious freedom. That means believing in ANY religion. That's why it's NOT illegal to burn an American Flag if one chooses. Not that I suggest it, but is protected as Freedom of Speech.
    Marriages are commitments. But that doesn't mean you abandon them because of a few problems. I'm committed to living here, but I don't see why we shouldn't speak up against problems that are detrimental to us. Anyway isn't that FREEDOM OF SPEECH?:wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • macpatti
    Options
    I am not saying the US sucks, but I live in Canada and you can have the same freedom and all the luxuries you have and have FREE medical services and make more money. :smile:
    Does your country do more for the world than the US?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Not sure why these three things are negative:
    Most incarcerated criminals? Perhaps that suggests that we have better law enforcement and keeping criminals off the street. To me, that's a plus.
    Or that it's a sign that crime is higher here than any other country?
    More people who believe in angels? Another plus to me.
    Only if you're a devoted christian.
    We pay more on defense? Right. The USA does far more for other countries than any other country.

I'm staying where I am.
    At the taxpayers expense. And isn't it high time (I sure you as a catholic will agree) that we take care of our own first? We can't even agree on how to take care of the uninsured sick, but we can sure take care of other countries military issues.

IDEA Fitness member
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I wouldn't say we do any less. We are also in Afghanistan and Iraq with the US. We usually work alongside the US military in whatever the situation is. And we are one of the first responders when the US needs us (ie hurricane Katrina).
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you ask Muslim countries, they would say "has any other country done more against other countries?" Point of view makes a difference.

IDEA Fitness member
  • macpatti
    Options
    I wouldn't say we do any less. We are also in Afghanistan and Iraq with the US. We usually work alongside the US military in whatever the situation is. And we are one of the first responders when the US needs us (ie hurricane Katrina).
    I'm not saying Canada doesn't do great things around the world. I know many families who were affected by Katrina, so I appreciate all the help we received.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Lol, Canada responded even before our own government. But if it was HAITI, we're there because we care.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • macpatti
    Options
    If you ask Muslim countries, they would say "has any other country done more against other countries?" Point of view makes a difference.
    Of course Muslim countries feel that way about the US. We're talking about what Americans think of our country.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Of course Muslim countries feel that way about the US. We're talking about what Americans think of our country.
    Lots of Americans are disgusted with how our country is. That's why we have elections.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm very intrigued by it, yet I don't have HBO.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Lots of Americans are disgusted with how our country is. That's why we have elections.:laugh:
    The ones "disgusted with how are country is" are free to leave. Now, for those disgusted with policies, perhaps, and not the country itself: work to make some changes! Vote, volunteer, write your congressman, run for office, etc. If you complain about something, either work to change it or shut up.
This discussion has been closed.