For those doing/done Turbo Jam

Options
My husband and I are halfway through Power 90 and are looking at what we want to do next. The P90 Master Series is an option, though I'm getting a little bored with it, so I'm not 100% sure I want to keep going with the same format. We initially thought we'd move on to P90X, but we just don't have that kind of time in the morning for a workout. Our max time available is about 45 minutes.

I'm looking at Turbo Jam, but my husband is not completely on board. I don't think he's into the dance aspect of it. I thought I'd buy a single DVD so we can check it out (wish they had some decent samples on youtube or something so you can try out various programs before you committ $$ to it - I don't want to bother with guarantees and returns).

Since I can pick up a single Turbo Jam DVD on ebay pretty cheap, I'm wondering which one is a good one to try out to get the best idea of the program? One of the Cardio Party ones, maybe?

We seem to be at a masculine/feminine impasse at the moment. I'm also interested in Chalean Extreme, but I think he'd feel more comfortable with something a bit more testosterone based. I'm good either way, but don't want to spend an hour or more on the workout. Too many other things monopolize my time that I can't cut out (like kids and school).

If anyone knows of any non-beachbody programs that we might be interested in, please post away! We tried Zumba for a while, but it didn't do it for us. I've also done the 30DS so already have that.

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You might look into the Tony Horton One On One series. I haven't tried it myself, but from what other coaches I work with say, the intensity varies between Power 90 and P90X and the time comittement varies between 30-60 minutes. You can either subscribe to the series and recieve a new dvd every month or just individually purchase the workouts that look most helpful to you.
    BTW: if you ever get a chance to try Turbo Fire... you should totally do it. One fo the most fun and effective workouts I've even done. I lost nearly 20lbs with that program! I've since moved on to complete P90X and am now doing Insanity... and I can't wait to return to Turbo Fire (lol).
    Good luck!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme! I love it! She does have a guy in each of the workouts. He may enjoy the lifting aspect of it and the cardio in CLX isn't very dancy! LOL
    Hope that helps! Message me if you have specific questions I can answer about the program. Happy to help!
    Tara