totally bumming...

Options
So far I've lost 20 lbs and I'm really bumming because I just took my measurements and I haven't lost any inches and here I though I had and was looking fab! I haven't even gone down a single size! I'm 5'9" and my measurements are 38, 36, 43. Is that really big?

Its like the only place the weight came off is my face and my butt, not a bit off my tummy, hips or thighs. And I'm going to go try on wedding dresses next weekend and was so hopeful I'd have gone down two sizes.

When I was 165 lbs my measurements were 36, 28, 38 and thats were I want to be again. I was a size 9. So over the past two years I've gained 50 lbs and went up 4 sizes so I guess that means every 15 lbs equals one size? Maybe when I get professionally measured I'll be presently surprised

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I found that I can't measure myself. I must never hit the same spot every time because the number always changes and not the right direction. Are your clothes fitting better? Then you lost inches. Do you feel better? Then who cares anyway you're fabulous and successful!
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Did you lose 20 lbs since June 2009? It may take a while longer for major measurement differences or maybe you're measuring at different sites and times? :smile: I always measure at my belly button so I never measure at a different spot.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and measurements are 45, 38, 47! So NO :)
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    you need exercise like abs or just to target those areas that you want to lose inches in :drinker:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Did you lose 20 lbs since June 2009? It may take a while longer for major measurement differences or maybe you're measuring at different sites and times? :smile: I always measure at my belly button so I never measure at a different spot.

Ya I've only been at this for 3 months. I have a very defined waist so I am pretty sure its always in the same spot, however all my clothes are literally falling off me.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    thats so great to have cothes that fall off you
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    just be aware that custom sewing sizes run 4-6 sizes smaller than off the rack sizes. Don`t be upset if the seamstress tells you a size that's 4 sizes bigger than normal. More importantly, have fun!!!
  • margaretthedevil
    Options

Ya I've only been at this for 3 months. I have a very defined waist so I am pretty sure its always in the same spot, however all my clothes are literally falling off me.
    If your clothes are falling off you, you're definitely losing something! Just keep up the good work! :flowerforyou: With dresses the most important thing is the fit and finding the dress type that suits your body shape, not necessarily your weight. I'm sure you'll look great. :smile: