Summer Shorts HATE ME

Options
LeilaFace
LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
Hey yeah it's summer! Woo Hoo! Time to bust out the shorts and sun dresses...

Here's my issue: I have some awesome shorts and though I've lost a bunch of weight none of it seems to be in or around my ghetto booty. My thighs still touch when I walk a plague that has struck me down since I was freaking 13. It causes one side of my awesome summer shorts to migrate towards my crotch and I have to constantly pull it down (usually the right side).

Does anyone else encounter this or am I the only A-hole who deals with the thought of burning all their shorts? I'm tempted to tape them to my thigh. Or is there some kind of spray glue...

Also, if anyone tries to give me advice on how to get rid of my thigh meat, know that I have Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome aka "Runners Knee" and my PT guy won't let me do squats or lunges and I've tried to lose the thigh meat and some of the ghetto booty but those body parts seem to LOVE ME.

Shorts Behaving Decent:
DSC06306r.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

Shorts Behaving somewhat badly:
IMG_2758.jpg

DSCF3786.jpg

Replies

• TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I have larger thighs too, and this kinda thing was a problem for me at times. Generally, though, what I've discovered is that this only happens when the shorts are actually TOO BIG for you. When they fit snugly (not TIGHTLY but just snugly) around your butt and legs, you won't have the "ride up" problem. So make sure the shorts actually FIT you, and aren't too big.

also, your thighs touching a bit isn't a big deal. I am NEVER gonna have space between my thighs, I would have to completely starve myself haha but the guys don't seem to mind :wink:

if you go to my profile, you can click on my pics and see a pic of me at the beach in my shorts. I felt confident and happy, even though I didn't have the little "space" between.

hope that helps!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Lol you sound like me! I'm constantly pulling shorts back down, whether they be my size, too small or too big. So uncomfortable and frustrating! If I ever find the cure I shall let you know ^_^
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I suggest you just take them off...problem solved.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    The only suggestion I have is longer shorts...which kind of defeats the purpose of looking good, just so you can cover up more :)

Mine do the same thing. I also have to put Body Glide on when I wear skirts lol..ugh, leg fat.
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options

BOOM! :laugh:
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also have this issue. From what I can tell it's cause we have a more hourglass shape and the vast majority are not blessed with rear assets if you will. I tend to get lucky with shorts from Old Navy and NY&Co as they are cut more for curvy ladies. I also cut down jeans I like as well. It's really easy and they always look cute.
  • LeilaFace
    Options

You are wise, sir.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion I guess the hunt for summer shorts that won't do that is ON!!!! Yeah I have no clue how to fix it. I'll try finding shorts that fit me better.
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem! Thanks for posting!
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I have the same issue...I tend to buy my shorts a size or two larger to avoid it riding up.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You're a woman with sexy curves...RELISH IN IT! You;re HAWT!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a member of the thunderthigh club, and actually refused to wear shorts in public for a LONG time because I was so self-conscious of my legs.

Now I try to find shorts with wider leg openings/relaxed fit.

You'll have to do some hunting because the style in most places seems to be the tight booty shorts. I found some pretty reasonable pairs at TJ Maxx last season and will probably check there again soon.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    wider legs or bigger shorts end up bunching at the crotch for whatever reason. I keep thinking I should go longer but then that defeats the point of "shorts" Gah.... So there's no miracle fix? I should just use super glue hahahaha?
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i dont wear shorts for this very reason. my butt eats everything =(
    i hate it!! i just wear skirts instead.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Not sure if your TJ max is selling these or not, but I've found a shorts by this brand called Saltworks, and they literally are miracle shorts.

Don't ride up, come to mid-thigh and are all around comfortable and flattering.. plus they are only 16.00 a pop here in IL.

Every time I have found a pair at TJ Maxx, I've bought them because they are that amazing.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nope, not just you. And mine do that even when my thighs don't touch.

But I live in Florida, so I rarely wear them. It's actually too hot for shorts. I live in sundresses all summer. Next best thing to naked.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch too and it can be hard to find a good pair that fits just right.... #firstworldproblems I guess.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Hard to hike/ trail walk in skirts and sun dresses since my thighs do touch heat rash happens often ... it's oh so sexy. Hahahahaha ... I'll look for that brand, thank you for the Tip!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hard to hike/ trail walk in skirts and sun dresses since my thighs do touch heat rash happens often ... it's oh so sexy. Hahahahaha ... I'll look for that brand, thank you for the Tip!!!
    I wear running shorts for that. They're a little looser than regular shorts and don't ride up.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    Running shorts ride up on me ... everything rides up on me.

When I run I have to wear at least Capris or everything ends up in my crotchal region.