Doing Things Right

Options
Hello all!

I am very new to the wide vast knowledge of losing weight, and keeping it off. I need it in layman terms so I can do things right. From my understanding this is how it works please correct me if I am wrong.

So MFP gives me a set of calories I need to function on a normal day to day basis I need to eat these calories in order to do these daily functions and (maintain my current weight?) . So I input activities and food in the diaries but now I have burned some extra calories from walking or working out etc. so now what happens? This is where I get confused, am I supposed to eat more now that I have worked out? But in order to lose a pound I need to burn 3500 calories, so why would I want to eat more? Am I not just eating back burned calories that will help in my journey?

So if I eat say 1400 calories a day burn say an extra 500+ calories from extra activity not just my normal daily activites why would I want to eat more and my last question is why do I need to eat more to lose more? I seldom make it to the calories I am supposed to be eating from just regular activity which is my own fault and I admit it but I don't understand why just because I am a bigger person I need to have a higher calorie intake to function normally? I used to only eat once a day so its hard adjusting to eating more but compared to a month and a half ago I think I have made a lot of progress in terms of eating. So for me to skip say breakfast does not really phase me I don't feel sick or bad or anything but come lunch time I am starving and (most always) eat lunch and always eat dinner. Why do I need more calories when for years and years my body is not even used to a higher calorie intake? Shouldn't it only need this 1200-1500 calories a day why does it need more?

Sorry, I don't want to seem like I am whining, just trying to understand so that I can adjust accordingly I think its because I tend to be a fairly logical person and need a reason as to why in order for it to make sense and for me to proceed at full throttle. Does that make sense? Sorry guys.

Replies