apple cider vingar

Options
2»

Replies

• taxidermy
    Options
    Re: brushing your teeth:

Don't brush your teeth immediately after eating or drinking something acidic! This goes for a lot of fruit like oranges and apples, most sodas, wine, pickles, and definitely vinegar. If you brush with the acid still fresh in your mouth, you'll rub the acid deeper into your teeth and they will erode all the more! Dentists recomment you wait at least half an hour after drinking that vinegar before you go brush your teeth.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Where to buy this product??? Does Walmart Or any pharmacy have it?
    I've also heard of the liquid one....
    I tried the pills of Apple cidar Vinegar & lost 14 pounds in a month but that was years ago.
    I wouldnt do that now, they ask to take 3 capsules before every meal, 3 times a day, thats way too many pills for me these days!!!:flowerforyou:
    I heard that the organic is better for our bodies. I bought the Braags and it does cost more but is better for us.
    Good luck.

Thanks Taxidermy. I hadn't heard that about brushing the teeth after taking the vinegar. I'll be sure to wait the 30 minutes.
  • supafly
    Options
    How's it taste? :sick:
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please explain to me why organic AVC would be any better than regular. There is absolutely no validity to those statements, believe me.

Please, sometimes instead of just believing people on the internet, do some legitimate research of your own. Lord.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying what I have heard and read. Here is a website that I read. It's the "undistilled, unfiltered and unpasteurized" that you want to look for.
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/apple-cider-vinegar-and-weight-loss.html

and this is an excerpt from it:

Apple cider vinegar and weight loss health benefits have been utilized for centuries. This completely natural way to shed pounds is a tried and true home remedy used throughout the world.

Apple cider vinegar made from the double fermentation of whole apples should be used, and it should not be distilled, filtered or pasteurized as these extra processing steps destroy many of the vitamins, nutrients and fermentation products that are thought to be important elements in apple cider vinegar's health benefits and weight loss properties.

Most health food stores will carry several brands of apple cider vinegar that will meet all the above mentioned criteria.
  • stloutlawsgrl
    Options
    i read that some people tried acv for heart burn....try papaya...you can get it in chewable tablets at walgreens or gnc...eat 4- 6 and it works instantly....if eat it before a meal you wont get heartburn at all...plus it tastes like pezz candy !!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I tried the pills of Apple cidar Vinegar & lost 14 pounds in a month but that was years ago.
    I wouldnt do that now, they ask to take 3 capsules before every meal, 3 times a day, thats way too many pills for me these days!!!:flowerforyou:
    I heard that the organic is better for our bodies. I bought the Braags and it does cost more but is better for us.
    Good luck.

Thanks Taxidermy. I hadn't heard that about brushing the teeth after taking the vinegar. I'll be sure to wait the 30 minutes.
    I ditto this quote Braggs Organic is the best Apple Cider Vinegar there is .And its not to expensive either.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Good luck.

I ditto this quote Braggs Organic is the best Apple Cider Vinegar there is .And its not to expensive either.

I've used Bragg's in dressings and marinade. It's got a richer flavor, if anything. I like it.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Just brush your teeth afterwards - there is a ton of acid in vinegar, and it will eat up your enamel.

It is true that the acidity will affect tooth enamel....But you must never bush to get rid of the acid. Brushing cannot neutralize the acid and it only spreads it around the mouth. Same it true after you vomit. It is a common misconception that brushing will save the teeth from acid erosion, but it makes it worse.

Instead rinse with a flouride rinse like act and wait 30-60 minutes before brushing, drinking or eating.

Source: 9 years experience as a dental assistant.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just brush your teeth afterwards - there is a ton of acid in vinegar, and it will eat up your enamel.

It is true that the acidity will affect tooth enamel....But you must never bush to get rid of the acid. Brushing cannot neutralize the acid and it only spreads it around the mouth. Same it true after you vomit. It is a common misconception that brushing will save the teeth from acid erosion, but it makes it worse.

Instead rinse with a flouride rinse like act and wait 30-60 minutes before brushing, drinking or eating.

Source: 9 years experience as a dental assistant.

Wow! Thank you for that! I tried apple cider vinegar a few years ago, all it did was give me a stomach ache, but I did brush after that because I worried about the acid. Thanks for the tip!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Wow! Thank you for that! I tried apple cider vinegar a few years ago, all it did was give me a stomach ache, but I did brush after that because I worried about the acid. Thanks for the tip!

You got it babe!:flowerforyou:
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Curious if anyone here has had success with the ACV. And if so, how did you take it, in what form , and before , during , or after meals? The taste isn't that much fun, but I find mixed with hot water and some honey i can sip a cup full without much trouble. I just don't like it enough to do that if it isn't going to be effective. Have also heard that mixing in a little baking soda helps neutralize the taste, but that sounds like a recipe for a drain cleaner! I tried it about a week once as some women said it relieved their hot flashes, and I didn't find it overly effective for that, and I was not tracking my weight at the time. So who has experience with the stuff, and what did or didn't it do for you?
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    just seeing if my ticker is working right:blushing:its not
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Please explain to me why organic AVC would be any better than regular. There is absolutely no validity to those statements, believe me.

Please, sometimes instead of just believing people on the internet, do some legitimate research of your own. Lord.

Actually organic even looks completely different than the other it has cultures in it kind of milky string things in it. I cant stand taking it it hurts my tummy too much but here is some info on why its different.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/