Dairy Queen

Best food items to get at Dairy Queen? I am broke and I forgot my lunch at home, and my work gets a discount at Dairy Queen. Any ideas what would be the best thing for me to order?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Uuuuuuuhhhhh.... Well, if you want dessert stuff, the best thing is the banana split. Got that from Bicycling Magazine a few years ago.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    I mean Real food :) I got their iron grilled turkey sandwich last time but it was way more calories than I had expected!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Like desserts or actual food?

If possible, I recomment a hotdog Lol just not loaded with cheese. Generally hotdogs from anywhere (even HARDEES and SONIC) are only around 300 cals :smile:
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Their salad isn't bad, just make sure you get grilled chicken, fat free dressing and leave off the other fatty and crap stuff.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Go to their website, look up their nutritional information, and make an informed decision yourself.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    I know this doesn't help.. but if I walked into a DQ, old Melissa would take over and I'd have a big order of Chili Cheese fries and a fried chicken finger sandwich.

That is like one of my favorite "bad" meals ever, and I can't even go near a DQ because of the temptation. When I was pregnant, one of the only foods that didn't make me sick was chili chese fries! :laugh:
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    found this on a website:
    While most of us think of Dairy Queen as a place to grab a cone, shake or Blizzard, many locations offer food. Remember that ice cream is not a beverage, so consider your frozen treat (or shake) to be just that--a treat, not part of your meal. Choose carefully and you'll still have room in your belly--and your Nutrition Tracker--for a treat.
    •Your best sandwich choices include the Original Hamburger (350 calories, 14 g fat, 680 mg sodium), Grilled Chicken Sandwich (370 calories, 16 g fat, 780 mg sodium), Grilled Chicken Wrap (200 calories, 12 g fat, 450 mg sodium), and All Beef Hot Dog (250 calories, 14 g fat, 770 mg sodium). Instead of ordering fries with your sandwich, select a side salad to save 265 calories, 13 g of fat and 490 mg of sodium.

•The Grilled Chicken Salad (280 calories, 11 g fat, 890 mg sodium) is another good meal choice, as long as you select a fat-free dressing.

•Ask for water instead of a fountain drink. Avoid drinkable treats such as the Arctic Rush or MooLatte, which contain 300-800 calories; shakes and malts contain 500-1,100 calories per serving!

•If you're craving ice cream, go for the small DQ reduced-fat soft serve cone, which contains approximately 230-240 calories and 7 g of fat, depending on the flavor.

•Blizzards are tasty, but even the smallest size contains at least 670 calories and 25 g of fat. Share these with a friend or skip them entirely. Treat yourself to a small sundae instead, for 280 calories and 7 g of fat.

•DQ offers several no-sugar-added frozen treats, including the DQ Fudge Bar (50 calories, 0 g fat), DQ Vanilla Orange Bar (60 calories, 0 g fat), Cherry StarKiss Bar (80 calories, 0 g fat), Star & Stripes StarKiss Bar (80 calories, 0 g fat), and DQ Sandwich (190 calories, 5 g fat).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It looks like the grilled chicken would be a good choice.

Check out:
    http://www.idq.com/content/Nutrition/DQ Nutrition Allergy Food and Treat Brochure - US.pdf
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    found this on a website:
    While most of us think of Dairy Queen as a place to grab a cone, shake or Blizzard, many locations offer food. Remember that ice cream is not a beverage, so consider your frozen treat (or shake) to be just that--a treat, not part of your meal. Choose carefully and you'll still have room in your belly--and your Nutrition Tracker--for a treat.
    •Your best sandwich choices include the Original Hamburger (350 calories, 14 g fat, 680 mg sodium), Grilled Chicken Sandwich (370 calories, 16 g fat, 780 mg sodium), Grilled Chicken Wrap (200 calories, 12 g fat, 450 mg sodium), and All Beef Hot Dog (250 calories, 14 g fat, 770 mg sodium). Instead of ordering fries with your sandwich, select a side salad to save 265 calories, 13 g of fat and 490 mg of sodium.

•The Grilled Chicken Salad (280 calories, 11 g fat, 890 mg sodium) is another good meal choice, as long as you select a fat-free dressing.

•Ask for water instead of a fountain drink. Avoid drinkable treats such as the Arctic Rush or MooLatte, which contain 300-800 calories; shakes and malts contain 500-1,100 calories per serving!

•If you're craving ice cream, go for the small DQ reduced-fat soft serve cone, which contains approximately 230-240 calories and 7 g of fat, depending on the flavor.

•Blizzards are tasty, but even the smallest size contains at least 670 calories and 25 g of fat. Share these with a friend or skip them entirely. Treat yourself to a small sundae instead, for 280 calories and 7 g of fat.

•DQ offers several no-sugar-added frozen treats, including the DQ Fudge Bar (50 calories, 0 g fat), DQ Vanilla Orange Bar (60 calories, 0 g fat), Cherry StarKiss Bar (80 calories, 0 g fat), Star & Stripes StarKiss Bar (80 calories, 0 g fat), and DQ Sandwich (190 calories, 5 g fat).

Thanks for this! I decided to go with a flat ironed chicken bacon ranch sandwich, no bacon, a side salad with fat free italian dressing :)
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    great choice!
  • Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    I order the kids meals at DQ. It's a smaller portion (still plenty for me) and you can get a banana or applesauce instead of fries. They do include a Dilly bar or I think a kid's cone, but as ice cream treats go, those are ok choices. And it comes as a coupon, so you don't have to have it right then. I save them until I have enough for the family, then I take my kids for ice cream on a day when I have plenty calories to spare. :)