Does anyone notice..

Options

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I actually find it really uncomfortable and just sort of dimiss it. Not sure why really.

me too. I get awkward with compliments.

Well, for me it's because I feel like I never should have NEEDED to lose the weight in the first place.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I too, find it uncomfortable. From certain folks, one heartfelt comment, without questions can boost me up.. after that, it feels icky like my privacy has been invaded. It's just plain personal. I don't say to someone "Say, you sure seem to have a pretty big beautiful smile these days... how are you doing it? did you get your teeth bleached? Are you getting some action on the side or something? Why not just say "You are looking happy (ier) and healthy (ier) and that makes me happy for you" and leave it at that?
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I only get other women staring at me. No thanks. I don't like it.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people don't say anything about weight loss when someone is bigger, as not to step on any toes. Weight can be a very sensitive thing and maybe people don't feel comfortable mentioning it to someone who is heavier.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have some coworkers that have really boosted me by commenting on how much I have lost. It has really helped me.
    But I never actually tell anyone how much I have lost because I feel like they are going to think "she weighed alot" but I did and am still working on it. My oldest daughter this weekend said she would love to be my size, she thought was the perfect size, I don't think so but it was good coming from her. It makes me feel good.
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how its phrased.

When I lost 20 pounds last year my grandfather said to me "Oh GOOD, you've lost weight! You were getting quite plump there."

Thank you...
  • bellydancer915
    bellydancer915 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds and no one has really noticed it seems. My boyfriend tells me all the time how good I look but that's not the same you know. It is discouraging but I am doing it for myself so I figure no matter what I have to keep working at it! I have worked very hard and am not giving up that easy! It's also hard when I go somewhere and can't eat what everyone else is eating and they say oh whatever it will be fine...no it won't be fine! I've worked hard and refuse to take a step backwards because you see it differently!
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    used to...now its more resentment than happy congratulation crap
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    I love hearing from people how much better I look and, from the ladies, how much more attractive. It's one of the big reasons why I'm doing this in the first place.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yeah,

I have lost 16 pounds and no one has said a thing.....
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That was true for me but the more you lose the more noticeable it is so it sort of makes sense.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me some people are just now starting to. Hey I'm looking good or WTG.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Almost nobody noticed but I work on a military base and one of the young NCO's just came back from Afghanistan and she said "Wow Mr. J you been working out? You look good" A lil Ego boost never hurts :)

My kids noticed when I went to put on my shorts when it got warm out, I had to cinch them up and my son said "You lost so much your shorts make you look like a Hobo!" hahahahaha

When I was in my 20's I will not lie I worked out for "Beach Muscles" and strictly for the ladies, at 48 I work out to feel good :)
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My feelings on your friend and sister not mentioning anything would simply be envy and/or jealousy. Not necessarily on the way you look, but about your general attitude/happiness.
    This reply was for "Ilovejacks"
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WITH FRIENDS LIKE THAT YIOU DO NOT NEED ENEMIES. GOOD LUCK THIS TIME WITH KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not many comments so far. Only hubby and BFF. But on the other side nobody mentioned my massavie weight GAIN either.
    My co-worker worked really hard and lost 60 lbs. We had calls into the office asking us what was wrong with him. One caller actually asked me if he was dying. Like I would tell a total stranger over the phone if he was just to satisfy their need for gossip. LOL, small town stuff.
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    I had lost 20lbs back in October and nobody said anything. I then gained about 7lbs back and then April started losing again...im up to about -40lbs. the first to mention anything was my mom who saw me getting dressed. then she kept bring it up to people about how much I lost. Now than Im finally buying clothes that fitproperly (not all baggy) more and more people are commenting...itsunami nice to hear but after so many I get shy and annoyed!

some people still haven't commented....including my sister who is trying to lose weight and some co-workers. I ffigured out why the two coworkers didn't say anything...pure jealousy. I actually brought it up bc they were talking about dieting...and they flat out told me to my face "what's the point...you're going to lose weight and get pg and gain it all back again!" At first I was offended and...but then I realized its jealousy talking and that's why they are practically the only people i see a lot that don't say anything!

women are jealous cats....most won't say anything it they do notice because they feel they out to overweight too...or they don't want to insult you by sort of saying you WERE fat. The best comments and motivation I get.from a male coworkers (who is strictly a friend....he's happily married and 25 years older than me) he always asks how much I've lost and talks to me about running. its a genuine compliment coming from him....i like those kind.

edit to say: sorry for all the spelling errors...my stupid phone.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, big time! Men treat me different when I'm thin, which I don't care for...I actually like the way they treat me when I'm chubby, they aren't as big of pigs. Women also treat me different when I'm thin. Many of them have been very rude and ugly to me, especially when they are with their men, like I would ever ever want what they had in the first place. I actually like the way I am treated being chubby over being thin, but I of course like the way I feel when I am thin and fit, and that's all that matters. :)
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Great job on every pound lost whether it's 18 or 3. It's more than the couch potatoe is losing :bigsmile:

LOVE this! LOL
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at 20 and nobody noticed yet. In the past - when I've dropped (temporally) 5 lbs, people have noticed
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!