Advice on getting better

Options
I woke up this morning with a headache and sore throat and coughing junk up. Sorry I know that's not a great visual, I have to be at work at 3 today and work til 11. I have one day off which is tomorrow then work 7 days straight before I have another day off. What are y'all's tricks on getting well quick? Please share them with me! lol

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    suck on zinc lozenges
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Rest and lots of water. Time is really the best thing that can get rid of a cold, all the over the counter stuff and some of the stuff that is prescribed doesn't speed up the process of getting better- a cold takes about a week to run it's course and guess what the medicine takes just as long to work.

But for a sore throat drinking some warm tea with a little lemon and mint always helps me. A cool cloth on the forehead helps with pressure and headaches.

Edited to say: if you are coughing up stuff then make sure you don't lay flat for a bit. At least with me if I end up laying flat it goes to my lungs and I end up having to take Mucinex to break up the crud. Oh and a hot shower for a few minutes can help open up the air ways, just don't stay in too long.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can boost the immune system so get some pure Vitamin C drops, also Vitamin D and Zinc.

Taking a spoonfull of Honey will help with a sore throat

Hope you feel better soon :-)