can someone check my diet see how i doing!!!

Options
I not sure if i eating the right stuff, I don't think I am losing enough weight for the work i am putting in. I workout 7 days a week 30-45 min at least and usually around or under my calorie intake never ever over. Please someone take a look see how i am doing i have only lost three pounds and have been stuck on three pounds for awhile now, i getting really frustrated....PLEASE HELP.....THANK U

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I know that it sounds counter-intuitive, but every plateau I've ever been on was caused by me undereating. You aren't even hitting 1200 calories some days.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    1. You aren't eating enough. You need to be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories.
    2. Take at least one day off to rest for your muscle to recooperate.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    At a quick glance, it looks like you aren't eating enough to support your workout habits. Try playing with your calories and listen to your body. And remember that protein is a good thing. Eating 6 or so times a day is important for your metabolism. I have breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and then my post workout protein...gotta keep that metabolism going! Good luck! :smile:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    At a quick glance, it looks like you aren't eating enough to support your workout habits. Try playing with your calories and listen to your body. And remember that protein is a good thing. Good luck! :smile:

^^ This!
  • thenicksters
    thenicksters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you're aiming for 1200 calories, be sure you eat all of them and eat back your calories that you burn from exercise too since your calorie goal seems to be low.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Eat more. You wouldn't expect your car to take you across the country on a half a tank of gas; how can you expect your body to take you to fit with no fuel?
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    youre working out too much and not eating enough.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above posts. May I also suggest that you increase your protein, reduce your carbs, and start counting fiber and sodium to have a better idea/control of your macros?

You also seem to be doing a lot of cardio exercises, what about introducing some strenght training (free weights) to help your muscles.

You can do it, don't give up. Good luck!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree- keep in mind that you should NET at least 1200 calories a day... so if you east 1200, and burn off 300, then your body is short 300 (healthy) calories that it needs to function (organ function, for example).

If you set it at 1200, and burn off 300, then you should take in 1500 that day. Just don't do nuts, and eat crap to get your calories up- up your lean protein (particularly after your workouts) and you WILL see amazing results!

Great job with your dedication!
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    I would suggest eating breakfast daily and have more smaller meals during the day to help keep your metabolism in check. Sometimes when that is on a rollercoaster it tends to make it difficult to drop those lbs.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Good goal you got there.

Just hit it.

Notice when you log your workouts your goal goes up?

Just hit that too.

The deficit is still in there either way - hit your goals, do that for 3-4 weeks and see if you are really losing the goal weight you selected.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree.

1. You aren't consuming enough calories
    2. You eat a lot of canned food which = high sodium
    3. You are logging water, so I'm not sure if you are drinking enough.
    4. You not only need to eat more for the calories burned, you need to eat more often. Add a high protein snack or two a day.

Good luck!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. It is tempting to go below your caloric goals because you want a bigger caloric deficit. However, like everyone else stated you need to eat at least 1200.
    I say this and if you were to ever look at my diary I usually vary 100 +/- calories of my goal. Its better to go 60-100 calories over than under.
    I also noticed you aren't hitting your protein on a consistent basis, try adding some hard boiled eggs (two are about 155 calories) that ups your caloric intake by a little, its filling and you are getting in protein!

Keep it up, you'll figure it out and its good that you are asking for advice!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need to eat more! :) I take in 1700 cals on average, and workout 6 days a week. Right now im trying some calorie cycling, but it all evens out in the end. I eat every 3-4 hours. Try some peanut butter, avocado, nuts, greek yogurt, to get those cals up, and protein is important too, keeps you full. :)
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I not sure if i eating the right stuff, I don't think I am losing enough weight for the work i am putting in. I workout 7 days a week 30-45 min at least and usually around or under my calorie intake never ever over. Please someone take a look see how i am doing i have only lost three pounds and have been stuck on three pounds for awhile now, i getting really frustrated....PLEASE HELP.....THANK U

It looks like you need to eat more - have you thought about zig zagging your calories (1 day a little under, the next day a little over, two days slightly under, a day or two over, etc)? You'll still want to do 5 smaller meals throughout the day so your metabolism doesn't plunge and spike, but this might help (works for me). Also, give your body a bit of a rest. I hit a plateau when I was working out 6 or 7 days a week (doing almost identical workout routines), when I switched up my routines (cycling through various all-body routines) and went to a 2 day on + 1 day off routine my weight started moving down again. Your body does need recovery time. I hope you find what works best for your body! Good luck and feel free to add me.

Edited to add: What kind of workouts are you doing? If it's all cardio then you definitely need to add some strength training. Adding some muscle to your body will help burn more fat from your body so you'll see better results - and the bonus is that you'll look better in a bikini. This doesn't mean you'll end up looking like a bodybuilder, but it will mean having a healthier body and lower body fat %.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    youre working out too much and not eating enough.

Yes. Your choices are mostly good--try to get rid of processed stuff and eat more lean proteins.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above. Eat more. You have to eat back the calories you burned or your body goes into starvation mode. Don't let that scare you, but you do need to eat at least 1200 calories per day.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

You may like to click (or paste) this link and read the original message. I think that you will find it very informative, and it relates to all the recommendations that we have been posting.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?page=13
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You ALWAYS need to eat 1200 calories, no matter what! Below that, your body can go into starvation mode, and will actual store food. If I don't exercise at all, I eat at least 1200. On days I exercise, I do more depending on what my workout burned.

And drink lots of water! It's really easy for me because I am always thirsty, but sit it on your desk or something, and just mak yourself drink it. I fill my bottle about every two hours. I have usually drank at least 6 glasses by the time I leave work.
  • shandajenkins70
    shandajenkins70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you guys all so much i going to make some changes and see what happens
    :wink: