Acceptable Alternatives to Food You Love

Options
Two things for me is bread and potato chips. Instead of normal bread, I eat the sandwich thins with whole grains and added fiber. They definitely make me feel fuller at lunch time! And my FAVORITE alternative is the Quaker Quakes replacing the potato chips. Potato chips are sometimes a weakness of mine, so I found these and LOVE them! They have almost the same caloric value, BUT they are definitely a healthier choice between them and potato chips. And I love the cheddar Quakes! They takes just like Cheetos to me!

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm looking, I'm looking LOL. I would say substituting corn for flour (as in tortillas which I love LOVE love!) but I'm sensitive to corn! Ha. I hope to find more lower-ish carb substitutes soon b/c I'm HUNGRY. LOL
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Trust me...I KNOW what you mean!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Instead of the Double Stuff Oreos...I'll go for the Single Stuff. Instead of having 20, I have 3.
    Instead of gorging on a whole tub of icecream, I buy the mini containers.
    And instead of eating an entire big bag of chips, I buy the 100 calorie packs.

I go with the everything in moderation motto. Nothing can truly replace the foods I love :D
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nothing. There are no acceptable alternatives. There are only pale imitations that make me resentful and then crave the real deal.

I save them up for times that they're worth it. Sometimes when I have them again, my tastebuds have changed so that what was delicious is now too salty / fatty / sugary. Sometimes still amazing though
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Instead of the Double Stuff Oreos...I'll go for the Single Stuff. Instead of having 20, I have 3.
    Instead of gorging on a whole tub of icecream, I buy the mini containers.
    And instead of eating an entire big bag of chips, I buy the 100 calorie packs.

I go with the everything in moderation motto. Nothing can truly replace the foods I love :D

Same here! I will not spend the rest of my life avoiding foods that I love. There is no true alternative.

I will eat smaller amounts or add more exercise. Also, I will limit it to once per week.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I sub plain Greek yogurt for sour cream.
    Pop Chips instead of regular chips at lunch time.
    Hummus or baba ganoush and/or avocado on a burger or sandwich in place of mayo.
    Trader Joe's Jo-Jo's are a good trade for regular Oreos - none of the hydrogenated stuff in them.
    Coconut oil instead of butter on popcorn.
    Greek yogurt and honey on oatmeal instead of half & half and brown sugar.