You Can't Spot Reduce Fat!!

Replies

• pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    So true. If it were possible then I would already have a super flat tummy!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    So would I:)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 492 Member
    Oh how I would dearly love to get rid of my baby belly! It's less than it was, but still there :grumble:
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 492 Member
    Jeez how boring is he??!!! :laugh: I couldn't watch it all, nearly fell asleep!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    I disagree! I work my tummy alot and after two children, it's been hard, but spot reducing that area works for me. I do alot of core exercises, ie....side bends, crunches, planks and it has helped greatly.

If you combine the core work with a low carb diet and cardio, you'll find the tummy area even more significantly reduced.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    I disagree! I work my tummy alot and after two children, it's been hard, but spot reducing that area works for me. I do alot of core exercises, ie....side bends, crunches, planks and it has helped greatly.

If you combine the core work with a low carb diet and cardio, you'll find the tummy area even more significantly reduced.

No true at all... reason for that is because you are building muscle there so its more leaner.
  • Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Just last night I had this conversation with my trainer. My pants are starting to creep weirdly because they're not as tight on my butt as they used to be! He brought up spot reducing and how it is unfortunatley, a myth. I seem to be losing everywhere except where I want to!! At least its my butt now and not my boobs anymore though :P
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    I had someone explain it to me this way:

You can't empty out the swimming pool deep end first :)
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    The belly is the last place fat leaves. The body naturally retains this fat in an effort to keep all vital organs warm. So, when someone mentions how fat you are...just respond with, "yeah, but my organs are comfortable."
  • Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    The belly is the last place fat leaves. The body naturally retains this fat in an effort to keep all vital organs warm. So, when someone mentions how fat you are...just respond with, "yeah, but my organs are comfortable."

LOL That's great... I'm hanging onto that one....
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Yeah, it's a bummer. Too bad we can't mold our bodies like we can mold Play-Doh.
  • I disagree! I work my tummy alot and after two children, it's been hard, but spot reducing that area works for me. I do alot of core exercises, ie....side bends, crunches, planks and it has helped greatly.

Well I think the point he was making is that spot reducing IN ISOLATION doesn't reduce fat. You did it by combining with diet - which was what he said really.
    I suppose exercising in isolation may work to an extent (well appearance wise anyway) if you're burning a decent amount of calories doing so and not eating them back.

I have been working on my tummy too with core exercises (want to get rid of that baby flap) and there's no doubt it is firmer and flatter than it was 6 weeks ago. But then I've also been dieting and have lost 8lb - only half an inch has gone off my waist, while I've lost 2.5 inches of my hips.