Baby weight

Options
Hello! I'm american living in Germany. I never had a weight problem my whole life until now. I gained 60lbs while pregnant. I used to weigh 125 before I got pregnant and was 5'6''. So i was pretty skinny. I never dieted, i ate whatever i wanted and never gained weight. The first 2 weeks post partum I lost 30lbs not doing anything. Mostly from sweating at night. I am breastfeeding which is supposed to help burn calories but haven't lost any weight in the last 4 weeks without changing lifestyle. So i figured I actually need to do something about it since it's not coming off naturally like the first 30lbs did. On my profile is a pic of me a month before i found out i was pregnant, the other is me 2 days before i had the baby, and the other is a month post partum with my son. I am so jealous of these women who look so skinny after having the baby. I just got so swollen. Sometimes i would eat a lot some days i would hardly eat depending how i felt. With my c section it is harder to loose weight i dont know why. I would be happy if i got to 140lbs. Anything else below that is just bonus weight. but 140 is the max i would feel comfortable weighing and happy with my body.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: