Anyone from Washington/Oregon

Options

Replies

• sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm here in SW WA too- there are a ton of great events! I was signed up to do the Lacamas 4 miler until I hurt my leg. FitRight NW is a great running/shoe store located on Mill Plain (two in PDX Area too) the staff there are very friendly and know their stuff! FitRight also sponsors many local races and advertises on their website. You can always check out Activedotcom to search the local area for events coming up. I am going to do the Color Run in PDX this fall pending my recovery. There is a huge running community in Vancouver and Portland!
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Portland, OR. I've heard of a bunch of local 5K's going on around here. I'll try to find a link and post it here.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    In Tacoma!

I just registered for the Hell Run in Carnation.

http://www.hellrun.com/seattle/
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Coeur d'Alene here. Mud run coming up in a few weeks here
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Not in Seattle anymore - in Hell now.. .although my house is still there... LOL.

However, I've run scads of races up there so I can definitely help you out in that regard!!
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    I am from the Tacoma area. I am just getting back into the whole exercise and working out thing. I have a lot of weight to lose, and am working on setting super small goals that I will be able to reach without getting demotivated. I don't know anything about races, but I would like to work to get in shape to run some eventually. Feel free to add if you want.
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on FitRight!

I've been running in my basketball shoes and they've been feeling quite a bit heavy.

I think it's time I get some proper running shoes.
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Clark County WA! Harvest Days 8k in Battle Ground next weekend! There is also a 10k and 2 mile family fun run!
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on FitRight!

I've been running in my basketball shoes and they've been feeling quite a bit heavy.

I think it's time I get some proper running shoes.

FitRight also does Thursday night running events based on location (I think first thursday is in Portland, 3rd Thursday might be east Vancouver?) and they give away lots of prizes!
  • Frayed_Ends
    Options
    I'm looking for friends from the Pacific Northwest.

It would be nice to hear about any local fitness events such as 5ks.

Thanks!

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/seattle-portland/

Don't know about "fitness," but definitely fun.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    What part of Oregon/Washington are you guys from?

I'm recently moved to Vancouver, WA from Longview and went to college over in Ellensburg, WA.

I lived in Vancouver for 8 years, graduated from Evergreen High School! Now I'm in Burien, near the Seatac airport
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eugene Area here. It nice to see people from Northwest on here. Peace
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am in Clark County! I am doing the Color Run (In Portland) in Sept so far with some other maybe runs before that.

the color run is awesome! My 7 year old did it with me here on Mother's Day :)
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I'm recently moved to Vancouver, WA from Longview and went to college over in Ellensburg, WA.

I lived in Vancouver for 8 years, graduated from Evergreen High School! Now I'm in Burien, near the Seatac airport

I grew up in Vancouver and went to Sifton Elementary and Covington Jr. High
  • britaneelea
    britaneelea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wenatchee, WA here.
    I have looked for 5ks here and there doesn't seem to be much :( Wish I was a tad closer to Seattle or Spokane so I could participate in some.
    Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    im live in portland, im doing a color run in sept 29, a warrior dash sept 8/9 (not sure which day cause you pick which day you want- 1 hour away from portland) also im doing the safeco run on july 21, if your not close to these spots you can look online of the city and 5k's. you and anyone can add me as a friend. looking for NW friends as well
  • selig0730
    Options
    I'm in Redmond, WA. I usually use active.com to search for events - I don't really do 5k's as I don't like to just run, but there are a good number of mud & obstacle course runs to choose from around here. I'll be at Hell Run for the 2nd time this year, Tone Loc will be performing ;)

when is the Hell Run, my parents live in Redmond
  • selig0730
    Options

I went to Lake Washington HS
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome!, Im across the river just south of Portland... (Lake Oswego)

If your into adventure type 5k's there are some good options here as well... the big ones usually happen once a year (Spartan, Warrior, etc) but there are also the x-dog events (http://www.xdogevents.com/). I havent checked them out yet, but heard good things... I need someone to go with...im just sayin ;)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm in Redmond, WA. I usually use active.com to search for events - I don't really do 5k's as I don't like to just run, but there are a good number of mud & obstacle course runs to choose from around here. I'll be at Hell Run for the 2nd time this year, Tone Loc will be performing ;)

when is the Hell Run, my parents live in Redmond

Sept. 15 - I just signed up. So excited! Mud, Tone Loc and beer! :bigsmile: