Hi, I'm new!

Options
Hi! I'm new here, been using and loving the app for a week and am generally trying to get in shape and lose some lbs! I already eat pretty healthily (but too much!) but have never enjoyed exercising - so far am really getting into it and feeling really good about being more active.

Replies

• Danette73
    Danette73 Posts: 76
    Options
    Welcome and much luck to you on your journey. The folks here are a great help and motivation so I am sure you will enjoy it. :smile:
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and have fun!
  • ilhuilth
    ilhuilth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!!!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'll send you a friend request. ~ Elaine
  • mfreeman1982
    Options
    I just started today. I am technically over weight, but not really. My BMI is 25.6 and it should be under 25. I used to body build and compete in weight lifting, but when I stopped I gained some fat. So now basically, I am trying to lose the excess, and be in better shape. Really hoping that it will help me feeling better. :tongue:
  • spiritjourney56
    Options
    welcome! Good luck to you.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)

Welcome to the forums!

I was the same way, ate relatively healthy, just too much... I needed something to make me WANT to exercise, and lets face it, a treadmill wasn't it.

But, I found that I really love Zumba classes!

So much fun, and you really can do it even if you have NO dance experience or any clue what to do...

I go, have fun, burn a ton of calories, don't go home sore, and look forward to the next class.

funny side effect of Zumba: I actively recognize when I'm eating to just eat (I do love food, so much!). I have a little voice in my brain that goes... "wait.. you just had your lunch... do you REALLY need that granola bar?" I also have less drinks when I'm out, because I feel like I'm undoing a lot of good progress I've made in the classes.

I've had 3 classes so far- and I've already had a total of 6 inches lost!!! Yep, that extra snack or drink just isn't worth it anymore. :)
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I am new also. Just started yesterday. We can be newbies together!
  • xSinfulUndeadx
    Options
    Hey,i'm Bri and also new to this site. :) I just joined yesterday. I don't really know anyone. Good luck to everyone on losing weight. :)
  • kimkooks
    kimkooks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying Zumba soon! I'm terrible at copying moves in classes though..just terrible. But it sounds like so much f.un an I definitely need some fun at the gym!

Thanks for all making me feel welcome here :)