Polar FT4 or Polar FT7?

Options
13»

Replies

• larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 Love it! I'm sure you cannot go wrong with either model.
  • 1fitmimi
    1fitmimi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try it out today for the first time. I teach 3 ZUMBA classes. will see how it goes
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    The FT7 is a newer model. For only like 13 bux more, I'd say it's worth it to get the more up to date model!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was debating on this exact decision myself and I asked around on here. The only real difference between them is that the FT7 has a user replaceable battery in the transmitter. With the FT4, the battery is sealed in the transmitter in such a way that when it does eventually go dead, you'll have to eventually replace the whole transmitter unit. Replacement units sell for as much as $40 from what I've seen.

EDIT: Polar likes to use sealed transmitters in a lot of their lower-end models. If you're going with a lower-end model of theirs, you have to accept that when the battery DOES eventually go dead you will have to replace the transmitter. And that may cost you nearly as much as buying a whole new HRM. Beginning with the FT7 and up, the batteries are replaceable. When talking functional/operational differences, there are none. The wrist unit/receiver is the exact same for both models. The ONLY difference is that the FT4 is packaged with a "disposeable" transmitter while the FT7 is packaged with their Wearlink transmitter, the one that's normally sold as a replacement unit. It is significantly better than the disposeable transmitter that comes with the lower end models from the FT4 and down because the strap itself is made from a more comfortable material to have against your skin and, as mentioned above a few times, the battery compartment is actually accessible by you.

Good to know! Thank you!!!! I couldn't figure out the difference in the two.
  • king1988
    king1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JBird0826
    JBird0826 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have a question.... I'm about to buy an ft4 but I only just started my weight loss journey. Will the females version fit a bigger wrist?? Or should I order the males watch?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I also have a question.... I'm about to buy an ft4 but I only just started my weight loss journey. Will the females version fit a bigger wrist?? Or should I order the males watch?

The only difference is in the color choices and the chest strap size. The Chest strap that comes with the men's version begins at size medium and can be adjusted larger.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    dont buy from heartratemointorsusa. they are not good at filling order correctly, and then you recieve the item theres the turn around time untill you get the new one. I purchased a second one to correct the frist one sent by mistake, then returned the misshiped one back, took to many day after they recieved the return to credit my account.then they didnt refund the correct amount. I was so tired of phone calls i made to them and still they couldnt get it right. I wouldnt order from them if they were half the price.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have an ft4 and I love it.
  • JBird0826
    JBird0826 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

The only difference is in the color choices and the chest strap size. The Chest strap that comes with the men's version begins at size medium and can be adjusted larger.

Thank you!!!
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The people who ordered thier Polar FT7 are they enjoying it ??
  • tinawill2010
    Options
    Just bought the FT4 can't wait to use it to see what I'm really doing!!!
  • akimball0
    Options
    Easy to make your own conductive gel or solution. No need to pay for it.

Sweat is the best, but if you don't sweat easily, then put a pinch of salt in 5-cc's of water. For conductive gel, use whatever base you want... aloe gel... hand cream... whatever... put in a pinch of salt and mix. If you want it to really snuggle up to your skin then put in a few drops of shampoo as well.

Works great. I prefer natural sweat, or the salt in water... better on the strap.