Zombie Runs...not the app...the real deal :)

Options
nikinyx6
nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
http://runforyourlives.com/

Would you try it? I so would, as a runner and as a zombie!
zombierun.jpg

The runners have to go through a crazy 5K obstacle course, complete with pools of blood and a litter of 'dead zombies',
wearing 'health flags' on their belt, zombies get your flags, you're dead!

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    http://runforyourlives.com/

Would you try it? I so would, as a runner and as a zombie!
    zombierun.jpg

The runners have to go through a crazy 5K obstacle course, complete with pools of blood and a litter of 'dead zombies',
    wearing 'health flags' on their belt, zombies get your flags, you're dead!

I'd *kitten* myself. =| That is scary! I've seen too much Walking Dead, and other zombie movies.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'd be all over that! I've done the warrior dash and am contemplating the dirty girl run :)
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'd be all over that! I've done the warrior dash and am contemplating the dirty girl run :)

Check the website, they do em all over now :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It looks fun but I can't do it because I can only run in a straight line and only on flat, level, even surfaces.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My friend started up Survive Norfolk here in VA three years ago and its been a big hit. Usually the weekend before halloween and its a zombie race, but a little different from whats described at runforyour lives (ie 5 checkpoints, but no set route you have to take to get to them)
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the one in October in MD. Can't wait!!!!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Did the one in Boston- had a blast!

My wife was a zombie on the course and she had a blast!

And all I can say is you will see people on the course who you will never see on a normal 5K run and Zombieland is correct.... Rule 1: Cardio. Nuff said
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    A couple of my friends did it earlier this year and I wish I had gone...it looked like so much fun! I'll probably do it either this year or next year-not sure which I'll be but they both look like a ton of fun!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Saving up for it as we speak. If all goes according to plan, then I'll be running my first one on Dec.15th (my birthday)...Just gotta figure out how the frack I'm gonna get to Texas and back. I'd love to hear any feedback on the race if anyone has any!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    dude my husband and i are totally signing up for something like this soon! i know there was one nearby recently. maybe i can find another!
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just read about it on Yahoo! Sounds awesome! Only about 20% of people make it to the finish line... AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to do this run. I have found mud runs and runs of this nature so much fun. Thus far I have done the Muddy Buddy, Daubler Dash, Rugged Maniac, and I am signed up for the Tough Mudder in September. I have noticed people of all fitness levels participate in these events. I wish Run for Your Lives would come closer to Richmond.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    I think I'd burn more calories from laughing than actual running!
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Texas in December. Was going to do the one in Maryland last year but wasn't ready.
    I was skeeeerd!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Friends of mine just signed up for one in my state in October... I'm literally finishing my registration for it by the end of this week!

Thanks for the reminder lol :drinker:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Signing up for the one in Jax this fall - as a zombie! :tongue:
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't see one of these for Oregon yet, but I think I just found my new goal - perfect prep for the Zombie Apocalypse
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Did the 5k zombie run in Louisville. No obstacles other than zombies, but a complete blast. I was the only one in my small group to survive with one flag. They were brutal! :). Cardio....nuff said :)
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    I ran back on June 2nd in Minnesota. Let me just tell you, it was VERY FUN and exhausting especially when I was not capable of running 5k without stopping yet. I am training to run again next year.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the one in Baltimore!!