Hit a bit of a rut...

Options
I started off really well and lost 7lbs in 3 weeks before i went on holiday. Put 6lb of it back on while i was away (which i was expecting). Now i've come back and started dieting again and nothing is happening! I'm staying within my calorie target nearly every day and my weight is not budging at all. I do need to start exercising again but due to work and life commitments i have not been able to go to the gym but hope to start again.

I need encouragement please......

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I'm not able to comment on that. What is your calorie target right now? Are you able to take time out around your house/office to get some exercise in each day?
  • AbsEN
    AbsEN Posts: 14
    Options
    My calorie target is 1200. i am a nurse and work shifts. I can't leave my workplace to got to the gym and have had back problems which i am currently seeing a chiropractor for so need to be careful with exercising. I think next week i am going to try and do some swimming which shouldn't be too much of a strain on my back.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    hi! :)

My scale wasn't budging for the past 3-4 weeks, finally this week I'm losing again (I actually had to increase my calories by a couple hundred to get it moving again). It's hard when you don't see the scale move. Maybe commit to not weighing yourself for a couple weeks , but keep with the good eating and try to get some exercise in!
  • katehad
    katehad Posts: 4
    Options
    I was told it take 6 weeks to start noticing a difference so I would give it some more time. The 6 week thing was very hard for me to understand at the beginning of my weight loss journey but after that it all makes sense. Not sure how often you weigh yourself but if it's often I would cut back to once a month and also make sure you always use the same scale. I only get weighed at my doctors office because their scale is the one I used for my starting weight. I also highly recommend Pilates, I use an AeroPilates machine everyday for 80-90 minutes. Give it time...you can do this :)
  • AbsEN
    AbsEN Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks all! I've just remembered i have a yoga dvd at home which i may give a go as this will also help with my back. Its just so frustrating that i did so well to begin with and then nothing. I have scales at home and in every treatment room at work so its really hard to resist the urge to get on them! I have started measuring myself too to see if i can see the difference in inches rather than lbs