Friends/Colleagues who get in your way

Options
So far I have lost nearly a stone and I feel great. One of my colleagues thinks we are in a competition, she is trying to lose weight like lot of other people. She comes in on a Monday morning saying - look how much big my trousers are. I usually say thats great, good for you. Now I don't go into work bragging about my weight loss, if someone asks I will tell them and get on with it.

She then complains to the whole world that she hasn't lost weight, anyhow the reason she hasn't lost is because she eats rubbish, she buys the cheapest meat possible which is usually full of fat and she snacks every 2 minutes. To me this is my weight loss, I don't make a big deal out of it, because I need to lose weight for me and not for anyone else.

I have a friend who goes to Slimming World and she is doing great, but again we don't compete against each other, we encourage each other to the best of our abilities.

My work colleague doesn't understand this, I have said to her this is about your weight loss, if you need encouragement we can help each other, reply was I don't need to lose as much as you.:huh:

So I thought fair enough get on with it, she has piled at least 2 stones on since then.

Just wanted to share my moan :grumble:

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options

My work colleague doesn't understand this, I have said to her this is about your weight loss, if you need encouragement we can help each other, reply was I don't need to lose as much as you.:huh:

Ugh, sounds like a real witch. Ignore the jerk and continue to let your actual weight loss speak for you rather than following her path and blabbing at the office.
  • emaildianeb
    emaildianeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an attention hog. She sees that people are noticing your weight loss (and / or she is noticing it) and she wants the attention brought back to her.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep it up!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost nearly a stone and I feel great. One of my colleagues thinks we are in a competition, she is trying to lose weight like lot of other people. She comes in on a Monday morning saying - look how much big my trousers are. I usually say thats great, good for you. Now I don't go into work bragging about my weight loss, if someone asks I will tell them and get on with it.

She then complains to the whole world that she hasn't lost weight, anyhow the reason she hasn't lost is because she eats rubbish, she buys the cheapest meat possible which is usually full of fat and she snacks every 2 minutes. To me this is my weight loss, I don't make a big deal out of it, because I need to lose weight for me and not for anyone else.

I have a friend who goes to Slimming World and she is doing great, but again we don't compete against each other, we encourage each other to the best of our abilities.

So I thought fair enough get on with it, she has piled at least 2 stones on since then.

Just wanted to share my moan :grumble:

screw her. be happy for your progress and stop wasting finger energy on typing about how she sucks (which she clearly does).
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks your all right, just needed to vent:bigsmile: