Anyone like fresh fruit jam?

Options
MzBug
MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
I just made some sugar free blueberry freezer jam and it came out MUCH better than the stuff you get in the store! You can use any fresh RIPE fruit except pineapple (have to add lemon juice to peach or apricot). I used Truvia, but you can use any of the granulated sweetners. SUPER easy and quick.

Freezer Jam

4 cups mashed fruit (small chunks are ok)
5 Tablespoons Ball Instant Pectin (for no cook freezer jam)
40 packets Truvia (or 1 2/3 cup sugar or other 'measure like sugar' granulated sweetner)

Mash the fruit (I used the blender) and be sure you have 4 cups of the goo. In a large bowl mix the sweetner and pectin. Add the mashed fruit to that bowl. Stir (use a wood or plastic spoon) for 3 minutes. Pour your mix into small freezable containers (I used snack sized 1.25 cup plastic Glad disposables) not larger than 16 ounces. Leave at least 1/2 inch at the top for expansion during freezing. Clean off any splater or drips from mouth of containers. Let sit open on the counter until it is set (at least 30 min). Cover and freeze.

Be sure to be accurate with your measurements or the jam will not set....you end up with fruit syrup. The jam will be fine in the fridge for 3 weeks, in the freezer for 12 months. Be careful that you wipe off any spashes or drips because the mixture will stain what ever it gets on. Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:

Edit: 17 cals per 2 Tablespoon serving of the blueberry jam.

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    oh i will be trying this!! Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I love fresh fruit jams and jellies. I use plums when I can get them and I love cherry. I will definitely have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.