How!!!??

Options
I can't figure out how I let myself do this, I had a great couple of days of just getting right on my calories and then the next day it's like I can't control it. I still blame a new job orientation and the supervisor dumping a bag of candy in the middle of the table.. even tho I did well for the extremely long time period it's like it means the rest of the days screwed!! And it always seems to end up on the weekend, and there's always things to do on the weekend that deal with food. It's like a vicious cycle! Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

Replies

• caite19
    caite19 Posts: 100
    Options
    You DEFINITELY aren't the only one....

I just wolfed down about 800 calories in snacks.

seriously.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Good lord, no, you're not alone. I figure as long as I have a calorie deficit at the end of the week (and you'd have to do some pretty serious damage not to), then I'm ahead of the game.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I do SO good through the week and usually do bad on the weekends.. I hate it. It's because through the week I can fix what I eat since it's just me, but on the weekends I am around everyone else and all I want is junk (since that's whats conveniently around)! It's getting better, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone lol.
  • jojogirl
    Options
    Not alone!! I can't wait until tomorrow morning where I can wake up and start anew...
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    awww hun..... I recognized something in your post that I went through before I was really ready to REALLY commit and "begin" this MFP journey.... and for me, that was NOT when I joined MFP..... it took me until the end of June until I was mentally ready and dedicated to making this work. I am no expert, I just listen to people that have been around here longer.... I'm learning too....

Soooo.....don't take this the wrong way.... okay? :flowerforyou:

My own opinion here..... Don't blame the supervisor, or the new job, or the sky being gray or blue or the grass being muddy or a bad look-in-the-mirror day, or a bad scale day, or a bad-clothes-day, or.... you get my point.... no one held you down and force-fed you that candy.

Arm yourself with healthy snacks, carry them with you in your purse (an apple, carrot sticks, rice cakes, celery, single-serve nuts, a low-cal granola bar with some protein in it....). YOU CAN DO THIS. Don't give in to that crap and blame it on everything/everyone else. Eat your healthy snacks, and be proud that you're not shoveling down the junk. If you're going to "Cave to the crave" :wink: stop at a small portion. I myself love dove dark chocolate, and eat a square or two frequently.

Just wanted to say that I believe in you.... you can do this. You can make this change, and stick with it. Give yourself some healthy alternatives so when you're faced with a temptation, you can either resist it or "go small".

Going to food-related weekend events? Bring your own main dish or side.... you know EXACTLY what is in it, and how much you can eat to stay in range.... and the host will appreciate your gesture. YOU never have to mention the reasons behind it! :bigsmile:

*HUGS* :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. We all have been there and you just have to keep pushing forwards and make good choices. No one can make the choices for you and you have the power within you to stay strong and make good choices. There will always be road blocks and things to struggle with just know the power is within you and draw from that inner strength. God Bless, brenda
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Haaaa!!! You're not alone!!! I went to Golden Corral this afternoon, and was not very good either!!! :-)
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Haaaa!!! You're not alone!!! I went to Golden Corral this afternoon, and was not very good either!!! :-)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! a certain someone totally hit home.. I shouldn't be blaming anyone but myself and my own lack of control! The sad thing is is a I have PLENTY alternatives and just didn't make the time to remember and bring them.. Everything said meant a lot thank you!
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One thing I do, if I REALLY want something, is plan it into my food the next day. Saying, "Huh. I don't have room for that today, but I can have it tomorrow! :happy: " really seems to help. And 9 times out of 10, I don't NEED it the next day. lol
  • debtdummy
    Options
    we should start confession thread