What time do you get up to exercise?

Options
I am currently getting up at 4:00 am. I have to catch a 6:30 train, so that gives me time to work out, shower and get out the door. I have been doing Chalean Extreme and have plenty of time since most workouts are less than 45 min. Now I think I want to do another round of P90X and each of those are about 55 minutes. I hate the thought that I might have to get up at 3:45!

Anyone else workout at a ridiculous hour? :ohwell:

Replies

• megdtuttle
    megdtuttle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some days when the high is set to be over 100 I get up at 430... I couldnt' do any earlier.
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would get up at 4. Now I'm considering 3:45.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Up and on the elliptical by 4:45. I need a nap...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My favourite time of day for running is around 5:00AM. Cooler temperatures, almost no traffic to contend with - just a great way to start the day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:15 - gotta get it done before the rest of the fam is up or it doesn't happen.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym by 5:15, so my alarm goes off at 4:20 AM
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well, my work hours are from 9am-6pm, so I don't have to get up extremly early. I'm usually started around 6:30 or so.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Between 4:30 and 5:00.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30, this is the only time to myself. When I get home from work I'm busy with the kids maybe a little cleaning or cooking depending on my man's day.
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    4:30 a.m. on most days and at the gym by 5:00. Hate getting up, but I'm always glad I did.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I get up between 3:30 and 4. Gotta get the workout in!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I exercise shortly after whenever I get up- I'm on summer break right now so I have pretty much all the time in the world to sleep.
    When I'm back at school, during Fall quarter I'm going to have 2 days where I have no classes at all (and 8am classes the rest of the week). I plan on getting up at around 8 to keep myself semi-regular, walk to the on-campus gym, and work out.
  • bloooms
    bloooms Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:15 three days a week.. my other workouts are at nights, and Saturday mornings I don't go to the gym until around 8-8:30
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just started early morning runs & workouts this week - for me to be able to shower and be presentable in time for an 8:00 start at work I have to get up at 5:20. I adore running and yoga in the mornings - stopped because my new job starts an hour earlier than my last one. It's going to take some getting used to...I absolutely could not do earlier than 5:00 oh my gosh.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    3:30 - at the gym by 4 (M-F). S & S 7am when then open
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow if you all get up this early to work out what time do you go to bed? I normally dont go to bed till around 1or 2 am, but i am once during the night with the baby and then she is back up around 7ish. I workout around 9 or 10 i have some help to watch the kids....i would so love to get up before everyone and get it done with out interuptions. Keep up the good work everyone
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am up at 3:20am, get my daily chores done, fix the day's food and put it in the cooler I carry in truck and am out the door at about 5am to drive to a nature preserve called Deer Island which is about a five minute drive from my office. Do the loop trail through the preserve twice doing a walk/jog combo and get four miles of trail hiking in before 7am. Then it is off to the office to use the shower in the men's room and get into fresh clothes. Great way to start the day, hanging out with the deer, hawks, wild turkeys and what not.
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow if you all get up this early to work out what time do you go to bed? I normally dont go to bed till around 1or 2 am, but i am once during the night with the baby and then she is back up around 7ish. I workout around 9 or 10 i have some help to watch the kids....i would so love to get up before everyone and get it done with out interuptions. Keep up the good work everyone

I try to go to bed between 9 and 10. But luckily I can sleep on the train! :bigsmile:
  • stonegirldancing
    stonegirldancing Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    8pm, haha. :) I can't exercise in the morning due to a severe opposition to doing anything before work. I've always been into doing things in the evenings, though, so it works.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 5:05am M-F.