Yogurt

Options
I love yogurt and have been eating it sometimes twice a day, was wondering is it good for you.

I have also heard it helps eat the fat away but don't know how true this is. I just know that I have had success in losing weight.

So whats everyone's opinion on it

I'm not a big fan of greek yogurt but still trying some to find one I might like

Replies

• AlexMuenster
    Options
    1. Sure
    2.Completely untrue
    3. I love Greek Yogurt. I thought it was terrible at first (texture, not taste), but it definitely grows on you
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Have you tried Chobani greek yogurt? That's the only type I eat. It has real fruit at the bottom too. Also, for me its a filling snack.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. I like Chobani but I'm afraid of all the sugars in it. I don't like plain yogurt so it has to be flavored.
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    I second the Chobani. Blueberry, black cherry and passionfruit are my favorite flavors!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation :)

I often eat 1 cup of yogurt with oatmeal/granola/fruit/etc for breakfast.

I've just started eating Greek yogurt and it's pretty tasty too
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I only buy Fage Total (whole fat). Fat free and 2% is not thick enough for my taste.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. I like Chobani but I'm afraid of all the sugars in it. I don't like plain yogurt so it has to be flavored.

Hope this helps, shows you what's in it before you go out and buy it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/chobani
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I second the Chobani. Blueberry, black cherry and passionfruit are my favorite flavors!

I'm addicted to the pomegranate, strawberry banana, peach, and apple cinnamon!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have a Chobani almost every morning for breakfast.... I am currently hooked on the Blood Orange flavor!

I don't see the harm in it!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is the best. I love it and do sometimes eat twice a day.

To me, Chobani is the best brand out there. (Thats to me now) And I tried many different brands.

Though with me it has to have flavor..

Or just add your own fruit. My mom does that.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite - honey. Yum!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Add your own fruit. Cheaper and healthier.

My morning recipe is 4 oz of Chobani plain, 2 oz of blueberries, 1 tbsp honey, and 10 drops of stevia. Delicious! Occasionally I'll add 2 oz of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    I think it's perfectly healthy for you. But if you're eating only fat free yogurt, make sure you're getting healthy fats some other way. Some nuts, flax seed meal or even a flax seed oil supplement.

I hope you're not eating flavored kind. Best to buy plain and add your own fruit or natural flavorings. I use frozen fruit or all fruit perserves.
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get the plain Fage and add my own fruit or honey.... This way I have control over the sugars. Delish!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    I get the plain Fage and add my own fruit or honey.... This way I have control over the sugars. Delish!

Same here.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Thanks the only greek one I have tried was voskos and I hated it and I have to have a sweet flavor one also.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Try mixing one On The Go Crystal Light packets (I prefer Pink Lemonade) into a container of plain Greek yogurt. Its a tart and tangy treat.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't really like Greek yogurt either - it's too thick for me.

However, I find adding it to a smoothie or milkshake as a thickener works really well, and you can't even taste it! It's a great way to up the protein content and creaminess of your drink without adding the extra fat or empty calories that ice-cream would.
  • hhichristina
    hhichristina Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Same here.

Here too. I buy the fat free plain Fage and add whatever I want to it. Either Kashi cereal, fruit, Mexican vanilla, or Agave.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Add your own fruit. Cheaper and healthier.

My morning recipe is 4 oz of Chobani plain, 2 oz of blueberries, 1 tbsp honey, and 10 drops of stevia. Delicious! Occasionally I'll add 2 oz of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal.

My morning breakfast is 4 oz plain, non-fat greek yogurt (I vary the brands), a bunch of berries (usually just under 100 g) and 3/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. With the cereal and fruit I don't need to add sweetener.

If I do the yogurt on it's own, I add stevia & vanilla or almond extract. OOH what a treat!