Does/did losing weight change your personality?

Options

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    My personality is the same. My mood is much better because I have more stamina, am eating healthier food, and have endorphins from exercise.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm still a reserved, quiet, snarky person.

Although, now people assume it's because I'm stuck up. Whereas before they assumed it was because I was shy. :drinker:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My personality is the same. My mood is much better because I have more stamina, am eating healthier food, and have endorphins from exercise.

This answer, too. It definitely improved my mood (the exercise, especially) in the long run.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Yeah now im ****ing sikkunt mate.
    Zyzz lives!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Short answer, happier!
  • Axanden
    Axanden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! Weight loss makes me feel more at peace with myself but, according to friends and family, at the cost of my sense of humor.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    I have always been a confident person even with extra weight but i am now even more confident and much more happier with the way i look and feel :smile:

And working out makes me feel amazing not only because it contributed to losing weight and toning my body but because i feel so energetic and relaxed after a workout...

:flowerforyou:
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Take this how you will but I am a bit more selfish. I am no longer carrying m excess baggage around, you can be Damn sure I am not carrying anyone else's. I was a total pushover. Desperate for people to like me. Now my priorities are different. And I like myself enough for everyone too!
    I also find my mood swings easier to manage as long as I can get to the gym.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would say no. However, I found it changed some people's behaviours around me though.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nicer and more relaxed now
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am definitely feeling more confident!!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    More relaxed, more confident, and less likely to allow others to treat me like shiz. Once you learn your own worth, you're less likely to allow others to devalue you.

This!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    There has been some evidence that shows overweight men having higher levels of estrogen which causes them to develop gyno in some cases. Testosterone levels can normalize when lean body mass is added and excess fat drops. I'd say overall regardless of how one perceives themselves these hormone changes will equate to personality changes.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was always pretty confident - I thought .... But definitely more so now . I don't try to sit or stand in the back of the room . I think that is because I have better fitting clothing though.
    Before my clothing was just so big and drab and I needed it lose because I was so uncomfortable so it made me look even bigger .

I am happier becasue I am not so tired and drained .
    I thought my husband had changed towards me , being more affectionate but then I realized I am more affectionate to him also - I never used to go to his office just to say hi or show him some outfit I loved or stuff like that and now I do .As well as having sexy nighties and undies to show off at home. ( I was way too big for those before )

Losing weight or at least exercising has also reduced my PMS which was pretty wicked really . I don't even notice it anymore and my hot flashes have gone away - at least for now:drinker:

I was always pretty outgoing but now I put on lipstick every time I leave the house ( not big into make up) and I smile more, and can't stop taking pictures of myself .:blushing:
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Personality wise, I am the same, but I am more confident. I didn't feel bad about myself before but I like myself even better now.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Yes, though I have worked on a lot of the "mental" aspects to losing weight. For example, finally dealing with my anxiety. I think working on the mental side of things has made a huge difference that compliments the weight loss. Without a doubt I feel more confident and act more confident. I feel strong and brave. I push myself further in every aspect of my life, and I often do not "settle". I want to be around positivity, and positive inspiring people.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm the same person as I was at my highest ever weight (294). Like seriously, exactly the same.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No. I have been thin and I have been overweight. Throughout it all, my personality has been the same. I think people who expect that being thin will make them into a different person might be disappointed. Just think of all the skinny, beautiful women who don't like themselves....

No doubt being thin can make you feel more confident and sexy.....but not always. I have more confidence now even though I'm 40 lbs. over weight than I was at my skinniest. I think your attitude, not your body size, often dictates how you feel and perceive yourself.
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was chunky as a teen which turned into obese through college. After college I lost a $h!t-ton of weight and my personality turned on it's head. The boisterous, outgoing, flirty, rambunctious person I always had been was just trapped inside because I was so embarassed and horrified by how I looked.

I've now done a backslide on the weight issue, but there's no suppressing this personality now that it's gotten out! Hallelujah!
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    I am much happier, more confident, and care much more about my appearance now. I used to spend 20 minutes getting ready every morning, sometimes even skipping a shower - and then proceeding to throw on a loose shirt, sweater, and yoga pants or sweatpants. I've always made my looks and outfits a priority, but during the 2-3 years I was overweight, I simply didn't care. I didn't want to draw any additional attention to myself and my weight, so instead, I hid by trying to blend in with everyone else and not stand out from the crowd.

Now that I've lost some of the weight, I've found that I put much more effort into looking my best. It takes me at least a full hour to get ready - I always shower and always take the time to go through my entire makeup routine. I make myself look and feel beautiful, because I no longer fear attention, being noticed, or being looked at. I can actually make eye contact with people and smile at them instead of keeping my eyes firmly fixated on the ground or my feet. I wear fashionable outfits - dresses, heels, designer clothes, statement accessories, etc - because I feel fantastic in them. I love standing out from the crowd now and have no desire to fade into the background and be invisible.

Long story short, I'm proud of who I am and how I look (at least, much moreso than I used to be) - so now, I am flattered by attention rather than fearing it. Life is too short to blend in!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Very much. I used to have zero confidence, except at work. Now I have much more. I'll always be a work in progress, but I'm so much more confident in everything I do.