Always confused, so much conflicting information

Options
Alright, so I know there are millions of debates about whether or not to eat exercise calories. I personally believe in eating them, but I don't usually eat ALL of them to account for possible errors in calorie burn estimates, measuring estimates, etc. I do try to weigh and measure everything I eat and I use a HRM for exercise.

When I calculated my BMR here on MFP, it came up to ~1400. My goal is 1540 per day, so I'm eating above my BMR, which I've read is the correct thing to do.

However, when I exercise, I get large calorie burns (i.e. ~500 cals for a 45 minute power walk/jog). I usually take off 50-100 calories off my HRM estimate before I log it, but it still gives me a lot of extra calories to eat.

I always try to net 1200, but many times I am not netting above my BMR. Is this bad? I've read several of the topics and I still am not sure if I need to be netting 1200 after exercise, or if I am supposed to be netting above my BMR, therefore netting over 1400.

I know topics like this are discussed often and I'm probably beating a dead horse, but there is just so much conflicting information that I needed some clarification. I really want to do this the right way and the healthy way.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/responses!