How can I remember to drink my water?

Options
I can't seem to fit in 8 glasses of water each day. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a big ole water bottle i carry with me. Fill it up in the morning before work and sip all day... I believe its about 64 ounces. One of those a day does me good. If I exercise I usually drink more.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Schedule it in Microsoft Outlook so a reminder pops up on your computer screen 8 times a day.
  • maine7290
    maine7290 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use my phone to send me alarms throughout the day. I used to use my email/calendar.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Get one of these:

a5ba0.jpg

Carry it everywhere, finish it by the end of the day, its 64oz, (about 2 liters)

Heres a link,
    http://www.amazon.com/Bluewave-DAILY-Water-Jug-Bottle/dp/B004AHJEPQ/ref=pd_sim_sg_2
    I've also seen less expensive ones at Walmart.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Schedule it in Microsoft Outlook so a reminder pops up on your computer screen 8 times a day.

That's a good one. I filled up my 24 oz with ice water at lunh. I'm off in an hour and realized that I have barely touched it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea to buy a big container too!
  • jenigeddon
    jenigeddon Posts: 16
    Options
    Jut remember that any time you are thirsty water helps you drop those pesky pounds.
  • cjklingaman
    cjklingaman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Carrying the bottle is a big help. But I use my body - if I haven't gotten up to go use the bathroom in the last hour then I'm probably not drinking enough.
  • hopecol
    hopecol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with the big bottle idea. And water is pretty much all I drink so when I'm thirsty, I drink it. Lol. Also, I do something similar to this http://pinterest.com/pin/131378514100369208/
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Replace all your other drinks with water. /shrug worked for me :D
  • AmyBetty
    AmyBetty Posts: 18
    Options
    Just drink 1 cup before you eat anything. Taking into consideration standard main meals and snacks (or 6 small meals), you'll get up there in no time. I also use a bigger 350ml cup so I don't have to remember those extra couple of glasses.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i bought a brita purifying bottle. take it everywhere. and only drink water and protein shakes.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking that I would have a problem with the water intake...now I just make sure that a bottle of water comes around with me at all times. Keep several cold in the fridge (I like it that way anyway). I place six bottles in there everyday and that way I can keep track of how much I drink. (No one else in the house even bothers with them.)
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drink a bottle (16.9 oz, so 2 cups) with each meal, so that's 6 cups right there, then I have 1 during/after my workout if I work out, or in the evening after dinner. So that makes 8 cups. Even if I don't finish the entire bottle with my meal, I just keep it handy and finish it before the next meal.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Replace all your other drinks with water. /shrug worked for me :D

This too!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    1) I keep my bottle right in front of me at work
    2) Aside from one morning coffee, I don't allow myself to have anything else to drink until I finish my 64oz.
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Get one of these:
    13324117000918P.JPG

I take mine everywhere with me. I sit it right in front of me on my desk at work so it's the closes thing to me. I'll fill up at the water cooler, sit down, take a sip, and it will be empty (subconscious sipping). I'm totaling the equivalent of 16-8oz. glasses every day now because of the straw concept. Oh, and they fit in my car cup holder like a dream, so I don't have to worry about a plastic water bottle rolling onto the floor and out of reach!
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't forget...it's not 8-8oz. glasses a day for everyone. Divide your weight in pounds by 2.2. That's how many ounces you should be drinking each day. Then you can divide that number of ounces by the number of ounces your glass will hold to find out how many glasses of water a day :)
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a 64oz bottle that I fill up either the night before or that morning and I keep it near me. I marked off the half-way mark and try to have that gone by around 4. (I'm a night person so that's about halfway through the day for me). This has been the only thing that has worked for me and I notice that without the bottle I find it hard to keep track of (my other water bottle is 20oz which doesn't go well with the 8oz glasses on mfp).
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Turn off the AC. You'll be thirsty in no time!

No joke. We don't have AC and it's been 85+ degrees for the past few weeks. I definitely drink more water when I'm home than while sitting in my air-conditioned office.