A rough few days

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
The stuff has more or less hit the fan around here, and I haven't been on much lately. There's a lot going on in my life right now and a lot of the time I'm so pissed off and disgusted that I have no appetite whatsoever. It's hard to concentrate on eating healthy when you feel like you're losing your mind....dealing with an ex who does everything in their power to make you feel small and insignificant will do that to a person. Lately I feel like the most alone and unlikeable person on Earth...and thanks to being with him for 12 years (he alienated me from all my friends) I don't really have anyone to vent to.

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Girl your not alone. Hang in there.
  • mamagaga
    Options
    having trouble with my partner. he makes it difficult to stick to my diet was doing well while he was away last week, but now that he's home, he sabatoges,nags "like you just the way you are...Remember who you are doing this for YOU!!!! Do something to keep yourself sane, hang in there
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. The worst part is, whenever you feel like no one is interested in knowing you, it's easy to convince yourself that more people would like you if you were thinner.

Rest assured--you are worth knowing and don't let the way you are feeling get in the way of what you really want for YOURSELF.

The other day I read a quote on this very site that I find myself repeating over and over all day long. I wrote it down and put it next to the money in my wallet, so I read it if I'm tempted to buy junk food. Maybe you could write it really big and post it in the kitchen.

"The reason people fail instead of succeed is because they sacrifice what they want MOST in life for what they want at the MOMENT."

Or, even better as a self-command when confronted with temptation: "Don't sacrifice what you want MOST in life for what you want at this MOMENT."
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It will get better & we're all here when you need to let off steam.
    :flowerforyou:
    When I'm feeling lousy (or munchy) I come here & read the recent posts, but if they don't lift me up quickly, I go to the motivation & support threads & just start reading them & looking at people's profiles. The success threads are wonderfully motivating for me. When I read about the difficulties others are going through & the way they are changing their lives it makes me feel so much better!
    And it's really hard to snack while reading these posts! :wink:
    Come back & take control of this one little part of your life. Do it for yourself. One success will make the rest
    easier.
    We're here.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for getting out of that nasty relationship. It is no surprise he is still trying to control your feelings, or that you allow him to make you feel small................that is his plan.

YOU are worthy.

YOU are intelligent.

YOU are beautiful.

YOU do not need him to validate any of this. He is a loser.............

YOU are a winner!!!!!!

I am so sorry..............I wish we could snap our fingers and the crap would be gone........but that only happens on the Sopranos:wink:

0002039F.gif