Breakfast and morning workouts

Options
briznik
briznik Posts: 32 Member
I'm a cereal and milk girl but looking to move a couple of workouts per week to the morning so looking for new breakfast ideas.

My gym doesn't open till 6:30am and I have to leave for work by 7:30. In theory I can fit in a quick workout+shower but the main problem is that I then have an hour drive to work and can't wait that long for breakfast!

What do you morning exercisers eat? breakfast pre-workout, portable breakfasts for the commute, or eat at work later?

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm up every morning at 4:30 to do my cardio workout (running or elliptical) before I start my workday. I don't eat anything before my workout, and usually have only coffee while I prep for work and on the commute. I usually eat at work about 9:30 every morning. I find it hard to do serious cardio except on an empty stomach.

I have been working out to the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the evenings after dinner. That doesn't seem to bother me, but I could not run 3+ miles on a full stomach.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I leave straight from the gym for work so I eat the majority of my "breakfast" in the car. I put protein powder in a water bottle and after my workout I fill the bottle with water and mix. I eat a banana and the protein shake during my commute. When I get to work I have a Greek yogurt or cottage cheese and some almonds. Or I boil 2 eggs the night before and eat those with the shake. I prefer having limited choices for my breakfasts. I don't have to think about it and its easy to pack the night before.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Nothing before the workout and eggs, overnight oats, or whey protein shake before heading to work
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I like egg whites and fruit before a workout. I get lightheaded and wimpy feeling if I don't eat first.