I quit!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good job, I am coming up to six months smoke free, and it feels great. I actually am running on my treadmill now, without my lungs screaming... yay!!!!!! You can do this, and it is hard at first, but I PROMISE... it will get easier....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Its funny though, I found that when I quit I actually started drinking more coffee...
    Dawn
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I also quit cold turkey. It has been 5 months since my last cigarette. It was hard at first, but I am so glad that I stuck with it. I feel so much better. I did gain about 10 pounds after I quit, but it was still worth it. I am able to exercise for longer and my clothes no longer scream" I'm a smoker!". Just keep going and it will get easier.:happy:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congrats my dear. I recently quit too (again) and its so worth it. You start to feel how great your lungs feel. I went out last night and everyone was smoking. I didn't

This is such a great step for you.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Congrats to all that have stopped smoking. I too once was a smoker. It does get easier. I was also a closet smoker and I found it easier (somewhat) to quit. Not smoking ever in the house I also went out side so when ever I wanted one, I just found something to do in the house. And eventually it just got easier and easier. Good luck, keep us posted, and let us know if you need to chat for support!!!!!
  • shoebag
    Options
    You can do it. This is coming from a smoker who wants to quit but like you also trying to lose weight.
    So if you do it I can keep telling myself , I can do it too.
    Keep up the good work .
  • gypsygirl3
    Options
    Im finding the patch to be extremely useful. I admit that ive ripped it off a few times and smoked but im gettin there step by step. Hope it helps. Best of luck and determination to you!
    Cass
  • souchie
    souchie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good Luck,

When I was quitting, I found that eating a dill pickle spear or brushing my teeth helped get me through that urge to smoke.

Also when I reflected just how many hours it had been since I last smoked, I took pride in the length of time that had passed....

regards,
    honolulu