Do you ever feel sad about losing weight?

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
Let me try to explain this as best as I can..

Now, losing weight has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I feel great about my body, I feel so much better and healthier, and I would be devastated if I gained the weight back..

But just now, looking at my 'before' picture, I got a little pang of sadness. If I'm honest, I feel a little tearful.

I'm not sure why. I'm sure I'm just being silly little sensitive Carmen again, but I am interested in exploring these feelings further.

I feel like the 'fat' Carmen (I'm still fat, but no longer obese :bigsmile:) has gone somewhere. Like my username says, I'm an 'InnerFatGirl', but it feels like I'm a different person. And I'm not used to it yet. I love it. But I'm not used to it yet.

So much has changed. My relationship broke down. IMy body is changing. My face is changing. My hair's growing. I've just moved out. I just feel a little .. lost.

I have been feeling lost since forever, anyway, but I feel even more lost now.

Just my thoughts. Am I making ANY sense? :sick:

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    It just sounds like you're had a lot of changes recently and are still trying to mentally catch up. You'll get there and feel better about yourself and the choices you've made. It may just take some time. Spend some time reminding yourself why you're awesome because you definitely are! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Its a big life change..and for me its about facing fears head on now. I have nothing to hide behind any more. My fat was a big balloon or cloud I could hide behind and use as an excuse as to why I could do something. Now I've lost so much wt. I can't hide behind it..and it makes everyone think well if she can lose all that wt...she really can do any thing! So its alittle scary the expectations people might have of me. I miss being able to hide alittle bit. BUT I'm happy to no longer be constantly invisible, ashamed and tire. I try to do my best and being who I am now..but I forgive myself for being human and scared on occasion. And sometimes I'm just lazy because even fit healthy people are lazy sometimes!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    It just sounds like you're had a lot of changes recently and are still trying to mentally catch up. You'll get there and feel better about yourself and the choices you've made. It may just take some time. Spend some time reminding yourself why you're awesome because you definitely are! :flowerforyou:
    Its a big life change..and for me its about facing fears head on now. I have nothing to hide behind any more. My fat was a big balloon or cloud I could hide behind and use as an excuse as to why I could do something. Now I've lost so much wt. I can't hide behind it..and it makes everyone think well if she can lose all that wt...she really can do any thing! So its alittle scary the expectations people might have of me. I miss being able to hide alittle bit. BUT I'm happy to no longer be constantly invisible, ashamed and tire. I try to do my best and being who I am now..but I forgive myself for being human and scared on occasion. And sometimes I'm just lazy because even fit healthy people are lazy sometimes!

You too hit the nail on the head. Ah, I feel even more tearful now!

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it x
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You are not alone I feel that way sometimes also, life is what you make of it. You either realize that you feel that way or ignore it you chose to face it. IT's not always easy but it's a start, you are starting to learn yourself it get sooo much better with time. You have come a long way I am proud of you are my inspiration. Keep up your progress and never give up.