missing friends

Options
Since I've joined MFP it seems a lot of folks come & go.
Many of you have been here longer than I - do you weed out your inactive friends?
Do you contact them to see if they're still coming at all?
It would be cool to send out a blanket "How're you doing?" message, but is that too invasive?
Maybe some have reached their goal & no longer need to post, but I wish they'd say so. If some are struggling & have lost interest, maybe they could use some encouragement.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I contact ppl I have not heard from in awhile.

Not everyone can or is willing to keep up with logging food forever, and so drop off the boards for different reasons.

If you feel your encouragement may be helpful, no harm sending a HEY how ya doing note!!

If I disappear I hope someone throws me a line:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Since I've joined MFP it seems a lot of folks come & go.
    Many of you have been here longer than I - do you weed out your inactive friends?
    Do you contact them to see if they're still coming at all?
    It would be cool to send out a blanket "How're you doing?" message, but is that too invasive?
    Maybe some have reached their goal & no longer need to post, but I wish they'd say so. If some are struggling & have lost interest, maybe they could use some encouragement.

good questions, I have alot of people on my friends list that I have not heard from in a long time, but I was wondering a lot to the same things you asked here and am interested in hearing some answers to these questions.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I've been gone for a few months.. Burnt out and just a lot of personal stuff going on... I gained back about 10 lbs.. I'm back now and it's because of the encougement I got from my Team here... They ROCK...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thanks Georg. I went into my friends list and PMd a few missing friends. I think it is a nice idea to check up:heart: