Alternative for dumbbell prone cuban snatch?

Options
Hi,
I am starting stage 2 of NROLFW soon and still haven't managed to get a weights bench which I will need for the dumbbell prone cuban snatch. Some of the other things in stage 1 that a bench would've been useful for I have just done on my swiss ball, but don't think that will be possible with these (correct me if i'm wrong, I might give it a test later when i've got the weights out anyway), is there a semi decent alternative exercise I could do?
Thanks

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Just a normal dumbell cuban press would do.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks, off to youtube the form for that now :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Edited for content :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am starting stage 2 of NROLFW soon and still haven't managed to get a weights bench which I will need for the dumbbell prone cuban snatch. Some of the other things in stage 1 that a bench would've been useful for I have just done on my swiss ball, but don't think that will be possible with these (correct me if i'm wrong, I might give it a test later when i've got the weights out anyway), is there a semi decent alternative exercise I could do?
    Thanks

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk though this will probably sound like it.... You should just not do goofy exercises like that. I don't understand what he's hoping to accomplish with that little bit of a front raise at the end.

Instead, grab a weight for doing rear delt raises and a wait for front delt raises and superset them. Do your reps for one and then immediately do the next exercise. Heck, I would even recommend doing a nice tri-set of Rear, Lateral, and Front raises. This will make you feel every inch of your deltoids.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Thanks, off to youtube the form for that now :)

The cuban press that the other poster is talking about has a different purpose than the silliness in the original video posted.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Thanks for that, I youtubed the press Hendrix told me about and that looks pretty good to me. But i will look into what you are telling me as well, cheers :)
  • JNick77
    Options
    Thanks for that, I youtubed the press Hendrix told me about and that looks pretty good to me. But i will look into what you are telling me as well, cheers :)

Definitely, because honestly you can probably do more weight for a solid front raise than you can for a rear delt raise. By using a light weight to do the rear delt raise you're not getting much out of doing the front delt raise, kind of wasted effort.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    I googled what you were talking about yesterday and that does look like a good idea. Not sure what I am going to do yet, this is all pretty new to me, but I am just entering a recovery week so have time to think about it. Thanks for the info