? for the moms

BIG_Lew
BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
Is it bad tht I don't like sharing my room with my kids? My wife thinks I am. Son 16, daughter 7, I feel they have a whole house to play and do wht ever in, so why come in our room? My son doesn't want to at all, but my daughter always wants to cuddle with mommy and do all tht girlie stuff which is fine if its in her room. I'm old school, and believe the king and queens room should be off limits to the kids!!!! Wht do u think??

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    hell yeah - especially when we leave foil wrappers laying all over the d@mn place! "Those aren't mints son, now hand it over to daddy."
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    they have their own bed and room for a reason.

Agreed...the living room is where we play games, watch TV/movies, hang out, etc. My room is my sanctuary...and there are days when the constant battling requires me to take refuge in order to keep from imploding...
  • BIG_Lew
    Exactly......we should have brought a 1 bed room house if this was the case. It is a pet peev of mine tht I Hate Kids in my room. I don't wanna watch sponge Bob or any other cartoon
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    I'm border line on this one!!!! Most of the time, the kids need to just stay the hell out of there. There is nothing in there that is for you. However, there are times when I do my daughters hair (she is 11, all the other 9 kids have moved out of the house) for special occassions and the master bathroom has all the room I need to manuveur and all the stuff I need to do her hair. I must say though, that she usually only comes in when invited.
  • BIG_Lew
    My wife hates tht i feel this way, and tht when my daughter comes in I change the channel to a r rated movie or sumthn tht will scare her, Lol
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    I never let the kids play in our room, just how my parents were when I was growing up. They do climb in bed with me to talk or snuggle for a few minutes in the morning but other than that, it's off limits.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    hell yeah - especially when we leave foil wrappers laying all over the d@mn place! "Those aren't mints son, now hand it over to daddy."

:laugh:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    im not a mom obviously, but i say keep the kids in their rooms. your room is YOUR room.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I don't wanna watch sponge Bob or any other cartoon

I don't have a TV in my room...not overly upset about that for this very reason, LOL :)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Right now we have to share our room with our 10 month old until her and her brother are ready to share a room.

Other than that though, they are not allowed in our bedroom. It is off limits, lol.
  • ShanM0593
    ShanM0593 Posts: 36
    Toys aren't allowed in our room. In our 5 bedroom house they have 4 bedrooms and a playroom they can play in. They don't need our room.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    My room isn't 100 hundred percent off limit for the kiddo, but I like having a space that he doesn't tear apart and fill up with toys. I'd say it's about 95 percent off limits. He still gets to cuddle with us at night after a bad dream, mostly because I'd rather cuddle with him in my bed than sit with him in another room until he isn't upset.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    I think that that there is a major problem with the break down of families now days, and it stems from parents not spending enough time with their kids. My son doesn't sleep in my room except on a rare occasion, BUT I don't hide in my room all evening away from him.
  • BIG_Lew
    I'm so glad u guys understand my point of view
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    not only do i want the kids to stay out of the room.. but the husband as well.. the dogs may enter.

computers and xbox.. may leave.
  • BIG_Lew
    Toys aren't allowed in our room. In our 5 bedroom house they have 4 bedrooms and a playroom they can play in. They don't need our room.
    My point exactly!!!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    If it's at night and we're trying to rest and wind down from our day it's definitely kids OUT! But if it's morning time and my babies want morning snuggles then it's a family bed... They're only kids once and they're only going to want to snuggle with you for so long before you're no longer the most amazing person in the universe to them. I'm a firm believer in cherishing every moment...and it's VERY rare that snuggling my kids or having them come in my room to talk or spend time with me and my husband is ever a bother to us. If we don't want them in, we close the door and they know it's off limits. But the majority of the time our door is opened.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    No - kids can't just come in and hang out. But it's not just the kids... I don't like ANYONE else in our room. :noway:
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    I have 6 yr old twin boys and a 4 yr old daughter and they are not allowed in my room because that's where I keep the stuff I don't want them to break.
    My daughter comes in when I do her hair b/c I have a vanity and it's easier. We keep bedrooms (all) for sleep, quiet time, or time out. They will ask if my dh is in time out if he's in our bedroom alone lol
    Toys and play time are in the toy room, so they don't need to be in my room.

Good luck!!!
  • BIG_Lew
    I think that that there is a major problem with the break down of families now days, and it stems from parents not spending enough time with their kids. My son doesn't sleep in my room except on a rare occasion, BUT I don't hide in my room all evening away from him.
    I don't hide in my room at all. But when I wanna relax and chill, I don't wanna hear any bickering, or crying, or complaining. U sound just like my wife, Lmao. She's a child theorpist, are u too?