What you eat in private....

Options
:blushing: What you eat in private :frown: you wear in public.

Reading those words made me change my food diary to a public setting. I'm hoping some of you will follow me and razz me if I'm evil in my eating! lol

Replies

• thinnnnnnner
    Options
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Still terrified to make my diary public, you're very brave!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what you eat, it's how much.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love that saying! :D
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I totally own up to what I eat in private. No secrets here.

However, I'm just not comfortable making my diary public.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    :blushing: What you eat in private :frown: you wear in public.

Reading those words made me change my food diary to a public setting. I'm hoping some of you will follow me and razz me if I'm evil in my eating! lol

Unless you're a stress eater who is extremely stressed by people commenting on your weight or eating habits. :tongue:

I'm glad it has helped you to make your diary public. I won't be joining you, but it's always good to discover something that helps you.

My will of steel helps me.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    that's such a true statement!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have my diary public and I log EVERYTHING... even the stuff I feel ashamed to admit. It helps me to be accountable for my choices. Otherwise, it is easy for me to shuffle stuff under the rug. AND I love to hear suggestions on my choices...(though nobody has been brave enough here yet) I may not always follow the advice, but I do always listen (when it's given in a supportive way).
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A beautiful quote to live by!! I honestly cannot think of a reason to NOT have a public diary! This isn't facebook.... anyone (ooops ok MOST people) here are simply here to hold themselves accountable for their eating and activity, as well as keep track of daily totals, and gain insight on new or unknown meals and activities....so why in the world would anyone hide their diary if they actively use MFP?! We are all here to learn and do better, and putting your honest self out there is a huge step in my opinion. Well to each their own!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I just don't want random people who don't know anything about me to be commenting on my stuff. My friends know about specific issues from my feed. A random person on here might not have all the details. So, my friends have access and I ask them to comment on anything they want to... but if you are not a friend, then, honestly, I don't want to hear it.

Also, I don't agree with some of the different diet fads out there. As such, I don't want people who are religious about those things to comment because I don't care what they think.

And it is not what you eat... it is how much you eat.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I went public a little while ago....it really hasn't made much difference. I just do the best that I can...no one can ask for more than that. And well if they do...:tongue: