calories burned doing The 30 Day Shred?

Options
Anyone have any general calorie estimates for the 3 workout levels of the Shred? I have absolutely no idea how to even go about figuring it. I'm 5' 2'' and about 135, if that makes a difference. Work out 5-6 days a week.

Replies

• momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just enter it as circuit training.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I also enter it as Circuit Training. 20 min.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I entered mine as circuit training. I am 5'2" and weigh 151lbs. I wear an HRM and calculated between 110 and 130 for each level. Depended on how much effort I put in. I also want to mention that these calculations were doing the high intensity. I hope it helps.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1" 150 lbs, i just started my second round this morning (the first was in Jan) I only burned 152 calories (HRM) BUT since I already know its a great workout Im stoked. For 20 minutes that aint bad.
  • diva_b83
    diva_b83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For level 1, I put in 20 min circuit training,
    Level 2, 25 minutes and Level 3, 30 minutes. Only b/c the intensities are a bit different.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to buy a quality heart rate monitor. Calorie expenditure will differ by intensity and current fitness level, so any online calculator is only going to be a general estimate.

In lieu of that, you can also use an estimate of 6-10 calories per minute, provided that you are actually working pretty hard.
  • BehindtheScenes
    BehindtheScenes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've seen two ways to calculate calories burned for 30DS and the both equal the same:

3.267 x your weight/3=calories burned

Or

Your weight x503/154=calories burned in one hour on level one (so divide by three)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am 5.ft 2 inches as well and i started out at 140-142 lbs and i burned anywhere from 160-220 cals depending on the level. I am now 125 and still burn no more then 220 but never less then 150.
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks guys! I didn't need it to be exact, just a rough estimate. I was 73 calories over today, thanks to a chocolate milkshake ;) and I just wondered if I should run a quick mile or expect that the shred probably covered it. I don't usually eat back my calories, but on days that I go over I like to know that what I did for a workout covered what I went over.

Thanks!!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to buy a quality heart rate monitor. Calorie expenditure will differ by intensity and current fitness level, so any online calculator is only going to be a general estimate.

In lieu of that, you can also use an estimate of 6-10 calories per minute, provided that you are actually working pretty hard.

^^^totally agree.
    When I was estimating it was too high. Once I purchased my HRM and had a truer number, I started seeing results. Then I knew my true net calories.
    BTW, on level 2 & 3 that I just finished last week, I was burning anywhere from 210-255 depending on my exertion/energy that day.