Can you tell me if im eating healthy?Enough calories/etc?:)

Options
I changed my food diary to public...if you guys can check it out and give me some honest advice,etc;) I feel stalled...and havent lost anything in a couple days...what can i do better?:)

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    oh and i do exercise at least 45 minutes a day..including the 30DS level 1 4 days a week..with misc cardio in between;)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not the worst I've seen, but where are your fruit and vegetables?
  • Happymom83
    Options
    lol....not really there....need to up that!my kids eat fruit as soon as it enters our doors though...i know i need to up my veggies intake..going grocery shopping friday..anything i should change?
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not the worst I've seen, but where are your fruit and vegetables?

I agree with this! Veggies and fruits are important as well - if you look at mine, I didn't eat veggies today but I got some fruit in there.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    lol....not really there....need to up that!my kids eat fruit as soon as it enters our doors though...i know i need to up my veggies intake..going grocery shopping friday..anything i should change?
    Your sodium is pretty high given you're eating quite a small amount, so try and cut back a bit on pre-packaged foods. Eat more fruit and veg. Should be fine if you give it a couple of weeks.
  • Secondgoround
    Options
    Same opinion here....you are not eating any fruits and veggies and a little heavy on cheese, sour cream. I would try to eat as little as possible of processed foods and concentrate on green!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i TRY to get 4-5 servings of fruit/veggies a day. does it always happen? NOPE. lol but your diary isn't horrible. :)
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

I usually hide some bananas and stuff like that in the bedroom so nobody can scarf it down before I get to it. Otherwise it's gone the day I buy it and I don't get s***!
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Your sodium is pretty high given you're eating quite a small amount, so try and cut back a bit on pre-packaged foods. Eat more fruit and veg. Should be fine if you give it a couple of weeks.

yeah i was realizing yesterday about the sodium:(
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am not seeing that much water. Get that up to at least 10 a day.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options

not to mention only 3 glasses of water. id bump up the water intake as well as try to get some healthy fats from stuff like nuts or adocados
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You need more water, fruit, and vegetables. Less dairy and processed foods. Try real oatmeal instead of instant.
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No, you're not eating enough, especially with your activity level. You need at the very least to net your BMR (meaning you need to eat back your exercise calories). You also need to up your protein, especially if you're doing any strength training.

Not seeing the scale move in a few days is NOTHING to be worried about. When we first start on here, we often lose a bunch of scale weight really quickly, which is satisfying. But most of that initial weight is water weight.

The best plan for long-term weight loss is slow and steady.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yup. Looks somewhat heavy on carbs and sugar. Carbs from fruits are a healthier option. And green veggies--you can eat a plethora of them with little caloric penalty. Dig in! :smile:
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I thought your sugar was high on the days I looked at.
  • Maddielen
    Maddielen Posts: 23
    Options
    I'd lose ALL the Vitamin Waters (some of them contain a full serving of Carbs) and replace them with plain Water or Sparkling Water......
  • Happymom83
    Options
    thanx everyone:) yeah i do plan on fruits and veggies..ill grab a bunch on friday when i go shopping.for sure need to cut back on the cheese,and sour cream lol....:P
    And i do drink more water..just forget to track it sometimes.....oops!
  • Happymom83
    Options
    I'd lose ALL the Vitamin Waters (some of them contain a full serving of Carbs) and replace them with plain Water or Sparkling Water......

lol..yeah working on that ;) today is my first day with no flavored drinks at all!:)

edit: well except for my coffee creamer...any ideas on a something healthier to add to my coffee?
  • jmfhsg
    jmfhsg Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with the last post about watching out for sodium and increasing your fruit and veg intake. I also noticed that you're eating a lot of carbs. Try giving yourself a jumpstart by cutting the carbs for one week. No bread, rice, fruit, alcohol, etc. Focus on eating meals with lots of veggies and lean protein. Also make sure you're getting at least 8 glasses of water per day. Do this and I guarantee you'll drop some weight.
  • Happymom83
    Options
    I agree with the last post about watching out for sodium and increasing your fruit and veg intake. I also noticed that you're eating a lot of carbs. Try giving yourself a jumpstart by cutting the carbs for one week. No bread, rice, fruit, alcohol, etc. Focus on eating meals with lots of veggies and lean protein. Also make sure you're getting at least 8 glasses of water per day. Do this and I guarantee you'll drop some weight.

maybe ill try that...