Zumba Burn

Options
For anyone who was wondering how to calculate how many calories you burn with Zumba, I think I FINALLY found a website thats close to accurate >>> http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

I added it to the database too.

If its incorrect, feel free to let me know. I just know it was frustrating busting my *kitten* in Zumba and not being able to log it in the database at all.

*sigh of relief!*

Replies

• vlrox69
    vlrox69 Posts: 10
    Options
    this website is accurate. I use it.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks for posting!!
  • Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I am a Zumba instructor and I wear a HRM to more accurately check my calories burned. I can only speak for myself, but I burn WAY more than this calculator estimates. I have noticed my HRM being a little high, but for the most part its accurate. For the record, my CW is 125 and I am 5'3". In my class last night, I burned 937 calories (I range from about 600-850 though). If you really want to know, invest in the HRM!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, its not accurate, although it might be for some people. In an hour long class, which I feel is at least mid intense (my heart rate gets up to around 170), I burn anywhere from 450-550 calories normally. This site told me 703 calories just for low intensity.
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    I definitely plan on investing in an HRM really soon, may order one this weekend. I KNEW i wasn't going crazy! cause it def feels like MORE than what the site says as far as calories burned
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    I just wanted to add it to the database for a close estimate if possible, so people without HRM would have some kind of idea of what they are burning