Not hungry after cutting out sweets - HELP!

Options
I have tried to stop eating junk food. I was seriously addicted (eating 2 pints of Haggen Daaz, + a peanut butter and jelly sandwich + 3 candy bars all in 1 hr type addicted). I have managed to stop the junk but now I don't know what to eat. I really don't have a taste for regular food. I promised myself I wouldn't eat after a certain hour but its 30 minutes past that point and I have 900+ calories left for the day. That can't be good at all. I joined a challenge to drink half my weight in ounces of water, so after 8 16oz cups of water so far, I am really not hungry. Do I have to eat? Should I cut down the water? I don't know what to do. Help pleas!

Replies

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? I noticed that after I began to increase the intensity of my strength workouts, my appetite increased. I do cardio and floor exercises (push ups, crunches, lunges, squats, calf raises etc). And when I do this I gain weight (muscle) or just plateau for awhile and then I lose weight (fat). And then the cycle begins again- I gain muscle and weight and then drop fat weight. Good luck!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You're hungry from all those sweets because you're skyrocketing your blood sugar. Say you have that pint of B&J, well you raised your blood sugar significantly. As soon as it starts to drop a bit, your body says "NEED MORE SUGAR! NEED MORE SUGAR!" So you have another, and another and another because your body is craving the sugar.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That was helpful. I eat an appropriate amount of carbs as allotted by MFP. But I'm not losing weight like I want. So, someone suggested that I remove the carbs which sent me into feeling poorly especially if I do a really heavy workout. So Thanks ValerieMartin, this helps me understand why I feel poorly. So maybe you, ImmaLocStar, should increase your cardio to increase your appetite.