Clean eating? How does my eating look?

Options
Hi All,

Thought I would post this too see what others thought, do you think I am eating well, or are there areas I could improve on? I am looking to lose another 5kg's but slowly I eat approx. 2000-2200 calories a day sometimes less, I run for 40minutes a day sometimes more usually on the weekends and also do some other form of exercise.. Either swim, Indoor biking class, weights training etc.

Monday- Friday...

Breakfast:
Quick oats
Pottle of Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup of All Bran Original

Morning Tea:
Skim Mocca
1/4 cup of Almonds

Lunch:
Deli menu Teriyaki Rice & Chicken
Greek yogurt pottle
1/2 cup of All Bran Original
Either, apple, orange, kiwifruit etc

Afternoon tea:
Balance Physique Protein Shake with skim Milk

Dinner:
Meat of some sort
Vegies, carrots, corn, beans etc

Treat:
Hot Choc
Sugar free choc 2 squares

What does your typical say of eating

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call those shakes as part of "clean eating". But again, keep true to clean eating principal is super hard...almost impossible to some of us. I try to eliminate anything processed as much as I can but I still can't stay away from deli turkey breast meat since I need protein. :)

For veggies, and corns and soybeans, I try to get organic ones since they are not GMOs. I have hard time to find orgnically raised chicken and turkey, so I have to live with that. I don't eat red meat but do enjoy wild salmons and shrimps.

I am lactose intolerant so I don't eat much dairy except for one once of feta cheese in my salad.

I started baking dry raw beans myself instead of buying the cans.

They are just how I see "clean food" diet. You don't have to agree with me. :)
  • sarahroseconroy
    sarahroseconroy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help, I am finding I am feeling alot better having more protein and natural foods in my diet!
  • htalexander
    Options
    Honestly girl, this looks like my own food diary on many days and I have lost, slowly..but I have. If you're losing and staying healthy this way I see nothing wrong with what you're doing.
  • albayin
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help, I am finding I am feeling alot better having more protein and natural foods in my diet!

I wasn't suggesting you were doing anything wrong. I thought you were asking for different point of views. :)
  • sarahroseconroy
    Options
    Yup I was and thanks for replying I am taking it all on board :)
  • sarahroseconroy
    Options
    awesome, I am happy to lose slowly and be healthy ill stick at this plan and if I dont see results ill try something else :)
  • albayin
    Options
    awesome, I am happy to lose slowly and be healthy ill stick at this plan and if I dont see results ill try something else :)

you don't eat eggs? I find egg white omlet in the morning is very satisfying and you make it tasty, definitely. :)
  • sarahroseconroy
    Options
    No i havnt experimented much with eggs, but should I wouldnt mind taking hard bolied eggs for morning/ afternoon teas
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I thought clean eating was getting away from processed foods. The only foods that I see are your choices for dinner, unless your veggies are canned or in sauces and your nuts and fruit.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks good :) The only thing that I would suggest would be to eat 86% or higher dark chocolate squares (I eat two a day) instead of the sugar-free chocolate...IMO sugar-free sweeteners are generally bad for ya, with the exception of stevia (honeyleaf plant). Also, technically "clean" is all-organic, all free-range and grass-fed meat, no processed food, etc. Personally I'm more about getting the right food groups and keeping under my calorie goal than about buying organic, but that's up to everyone to decide!

Keep on keepin' on!