Healthy "Shake and Bake"??

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I absolutely LOVE Extra Crispy Shake and Bake...does anyone have a healthier version that tastes just as good?

Replies

• TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't have a healthier version but I had it last night and measured out only only serving size and it actually covered 4 ounces of chicken with extra left over. I just put the chicken in the bag straight from the container with the shake n bake and it did fine. I used to use almost the whole thing for 8 ounces of chicken, nice to see the serving size was actually correct, atleast for me anyways. Hope this helps.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Marinate in buttermilk, crushed garlic and your preference of seasoning (3 hrs) drain, dip in cornflake crumbs. Bake

I found using 2 of the same size and shape of cereal bowls, putting flakes in one and crushing with the top one and then dumping the bottom in to the top and crushing again is an easy way. Yummy:smile::wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I use bran flakes... you could probably add your own seasoning/favorite spices to the crushed up flakes for hardly any calories. Sometimes with things like this I find it's best to experiment and eventually you'll find what you like :wink:
  • campfirequeen
    Options
    Crush Fat-Free Saltine Crackers and sprinkle a bit of Sweet paprika in the mixture. Dip the chicken breast in nonfat yogurt. Spray pan with non stick spray & Bake 20-25 minutes
    Excellent and Moist

This is an old W.W. recipe, I use this ALL the time. ENJOY!!!