Boobs after weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• edgyveggie
    Options
    I went from 38DDD to 34D after losing 55 lbs. I do miss my big boobs when I'm naked, because now they are kind of "deflated" looking. But WOW are clothes easier to shop for when you don't have to start in the XXL just for boob-coverage. I can actually buy tops that fit my waist and not tailor every single item. Buttons aren't a danger anymore :) I've been building my pec muscles to add a little more "meat" to my upper chest, but in a bra they still look fine. Over the past couple of months I've noticed a lot of skin tightening going on. I'm confident that eventually they'll look normal, just a lot smaller.
  • fubsy41
    fubsy41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was a 32G-32H cup and am now a 30DD (so equiv to a 32D) after losing 50lb quite quickly and yeeah I got a case of the saggies. But skin slowly bounces back a little over time (key word a LITTLE unfortunately) but I've been doing press ups, doing cold bursts of water in the shower and finishing with a cold blast and using anti ageing cream on them and it actually seems to be helping. I do have the blessing of being rather young though so that could very well be a factor. unfortunately there's not really much more you can do, believe me I've looked into it ALOT.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Large C to small A, possibly AA. Bewbs are gone. Oh, well. I like my new @ss better than I miss my old rack. :laugh:
    <
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I've breastfeed my baby, and I don't think im crunchy and it's not "funny stuff"

This. I have NO CLUE what is meant by "crunchy" (are you calling us a granola bar? :huh: ) But if by "funny stuff" you mean doing what a woman's body is naturally supposed to do, bonding with your baby, combating postpartum, losing baby weight faster, and giving him/her the very best start in life healthwise/psychologically/socially speaking, then yes. I--along with thousands of other smart women--am "funny". Hilarious, even. Kind of like this thread.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here had surgery? I just don't know if it's something I should be doing at 19 that's all!
    But in saying that, I WANT PERKY BOOBS!!!!!!! :(

oh gosh me too. lol.. nope they have shrunk. that is why they make awesome bras.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    Breastfeeding is not associated with the "crunch brigade." You are making offensive and highly stereotyped claims. There are plenty of moms who breastfeed that have no problem with feeding formula. Many end up doing so because they can't always make it to 12 months when their child can have cow's milk. I could only breastfeed my first son for 6 months because the child just preferred the bottle over me, and I my pumping output was abysmal and not worth the stress. I was 100% fine with giving him formula. I'm just an example.

OMG the eye twitch from reading some of these responses.

OP, I agree with the strength training for your upper body, specifically pecs. I think it will help a lot. Like others have said, try not to freak out about the boob situation until you've hit your goal.
  • mom2_4gr8kids
    Options
    Has anyone here had surgery? I just don't know if it's something I should be doing at 19 that's all!

If you plan on having children I would not do it at 19. Pregnancy will make you grow. When I was approved for my reduction they recommended I be finished with having kids.

I spoke to my plastic surgeon about it (although breasts are totally not his area) and he said that at some point implants have to be replaced, and given women are having children a lot later these days, pregnancy would probably coincide with needing a new set, unless the OP just went for an uplift, in which case... well, yeah. Also, consider that there's no guarantee you'll be able to breastfeed afterward. This doesn't bother me at all as I already plan to have my children raised as I was, by unfeeling strangers, but if you're the crunchy type who's into breastfeeding and all that funny stuff, you might find that you regret having had the surgery.

That aside, he was pretty adamant that there's no point having any kind of post-weight loss surgery until after you've maintained for at least a year so I didn't pursue it any further.

I also breastfed all three of my kids, and I don't think it's "funny stuff." That is one of the main reasons we were given breasts. Just saying...

Sigh, we weren't 'given' anything. No on sat me down, handed me a pair of breasts and said 'Honey, these are for you and your future offspring'. We have breasts, we can use them to feed babies like animals who have no choice in the matter or we can opt for formula and spare ourselves the unpleasantness of aching nipples, mastitis, the feeling that we've failed because not every woman can naturally breastfeed and a whole heap of drama that comes along with viewing formula as the devil's own sputum.

I stand by my initial statement that breastfeeding is one of those things associated with the crunch brigade. So sue me, I won't be cosleeping, delaying vaccines, chewing my child's food and feeding them like a baby bird or subjecting the poor dears to homeopathy. These are my choices, and they are not yours, and jolly good for you. End of discussion, back to talk of fake tits and how much they cost.

Far from the "crunch brigade", I've never done cosleeping, gotten all vaccines on time, never once chewed my kids' food, and don't really care for homeopathy... But I breastfed 2 of my 4 kids, got mastitis almost every month I was doing it, and I don't regret a second of it. It's an incredible bonding experience with your child. It's a lot of work, very rewarding, and I salute every mom who has ever done it, whether it was for a day or 2 years. They deserve credit, not disdain.

I went into my first delivery saying I wouldn't get an epidural, and folded at about 5 cm. Never say never about anything when it comes to having kids.
  • mjrose514
    mjrose514 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

If you plan on having children I would not do it at 19. Pregnancy will make you grow. When I was approved for my reduction they recommended I be finished with having kids.

I spoke to my plastic surgeon about it (although breasts are totally not his area) and he said that at some point implants have to be replaced, and given women are having children a lot later these days, pregnancy would probably coincide with needing a new set, unless the OP just went for an uplift, in which case... well, yeah. Also, consider that there's no guarantee you'll be able to breastfeed afterward. This doesn't bother me at all as I already plan to have my children raised as I was, by unfeeling strangers, but if you're the crunchy type who's into breastfeeding and all that funny stuff, you might find that you regret having had the surgery.

That aside, he was pretty adamant that there's no point having any kind of post-weight loss surgery until after you've maintained for at least a year so I didn't pursue it any further.

I also breastfed all three of my kids, and I don't think it's "funny stuff." That is one of the main reasons we were given breasts. Just saying...

Sigh, we weren't 'given' anything. No on sat me down, handed me a pair of breasts and said 'Honey, these are for you and your future offspring'. We have breasts, we can use them to feed babies like animals who have no choice in the matter or we can opt for formula and spare ourselves the unpleasantness of aching nipples, mastitis, the feeling that we've failed because not every woman can naturally breastfeed and a whole heap of drama that comes along with viewing formula as the devil's own sputum.

I stand by my initial statement that breastfeeding is one of those things associated with the crunch brigade. So sue me, I won't be cosleeping, delaying vaccines, chewing my child's food and feeding them like a baby bird or subjecting the poor dears to homeopathy. These are my choices, and they are not yours, and jolly good for you. End of discussion, back to talk of fake tits and how much they cost.

While it is something they do, it's not exclusive. In fact it's another health factor. If you don't have children you actually increase your chances of getting breast cancer, if you don't breast feed (or at least pump), you actually increase those chances even more! It's biology rather than crunchy. It's the same as trying to eat the right way, not everyone does and those that don't may suffer in the end... Like me now with not being able to have kids bc of weight...
  • mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    From a DD to small C. Flaaaap jacks yum. Lmfao. I don't care tho, I still look better than before 100%.

This!
    Same here. They may fall into my armpits when I lay down, but I'll take it!
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hope! So much hope! I was a 36DD pre-pregnancy, fast forward a lot of weight and breastfeeding, 40F! They're already pretty flappy, I just want them to SHRINK! I think I may be a cup size down, I haven't had a chance to check but my bra is very loose.

BFing comments, jeez! You can have your opinion without throwing out stereotypes and insults. If you didn't want a backlash you should've kept your rudeness to yourself.