Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

COD!!

FUZZBUZZ4
FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone have any good cod recipes????
Any ideas???

Replies

• Does anyone have any good cod recipes????
    Any ideas???
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Try going to

allrecipes.com

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/cod,low-calorie

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/baked_cod_casserole.html

You can also do a search on MSN or google or whoever you use for your searches.

This is a recipe I use and love with all types of fish and love it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/544-baked-fish-with-shrimp?hl=baked+fish#posts-1826

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    This is my favorite recipe for Cod or Tilapia. I absolutley love it and it's great served alone or with a little side of whole wheat pasta.

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/fishandseafood/r/bakedcod1104.htm

I do make a couple modifications.

If I have any zuccini, I like to slice it long ways and layer it in the pan under the fish. I also put about a teaspoon of Splenda in the recipe because it cuts the acid in the tomatoes. If you don't like artificial sweeteners a couple teaspoons of real sugarg should do the same.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    My other favorite is to just season the fish with salt, white pepper, ground corriander and ground cumin on both sides.

Warm up a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.

Sprinkle whole cumin seeds in the pan, cook until just browned. This will happen very quickly.

Then pop the fillets in, and slide them around the pan so the seeds stick, flip over and to the other side.

Let cook for about 6 minutes on one side then the other.

I like to serve this with some salsa on top and a dollop of low-fat sour cream. It goes great with a side of spicy black beans and a salad.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Cod is awesome. Living in Cape Ann (think the perfect storm, and yes, people really do talk like that), we can go out of some awesome trips to the banks and catch tons of cod. It's my favorite fish by far. Personally, I love grilling them in some italian seasoning, course sea salt, and a dash of cayun pepper. Use it like a rub, mix the spices together and rub it in or wet the fish and toss it all in a plastic bag, then rub it in. Deeeeelicious!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    lol@we really do talk like that!

fellow MA lifer here and well grew up in boston so ah....alittle more like the Departed LMBO....but come on Banks, you have to admit we don't sound that bad! lol (do we?!:ohwell: )

oh well sorry....no Cod recipes here....except I love my fish any white fish will do Haddock is my fav...but I put it in a pyrex, spray it w/ fresh lemon juice, sliver paper thin butter chips strategically over the filet and then sprinkle w/ seasoned bread crumbs....bake at 375 for about 25 mins or until cooked, soo good and tastes way more fattening than it is! lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Take 2 tbls olive oil and get it good and hot in a large skillet
    Sprinkle fish with kosher salt, pepper
    Squeeze a wedge of lemon over each piece of fish
    Add to hot oil.
    Cook 2-3 min on each side or until flakes
    Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro
  • thnx for all the suggestions everybody!!! u really heaped me out!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Very welcome FB!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    lol@we really do talk like that!

fellow MA lifer here and well grew up in boston so ah....alittle more like the Departed LMBO....but come on Banks, you have to admit we don't sound that bad! lol (do we?!:ohwell: )

oh well sorry....no Cod recipes here....except I love my fish any white fish will do Haddock is my fav...but I put it in a pyrex, spray it w/ fresh lemon juice, sliver paper thin butter chips strategically over the filet and then sprinkle w/ seasoned bread crumbs....bake at 375 for about 25 mins or until cooked, soo good and tastes way more fattening than it is! lol

hugs!
    Ali

Well, Boston people don't sound that bad, but Oh yeah, you better believe the gloucestermen do. I have a friend that works the Rhummy up there (a bar), it is hilarious. Scarey, teeth missing, real hard core fisherman's wives. the would just as soon kick the crap out of ya then smile in your direction. But man are they funny if you get em talking. And true to their names, they drink like fish.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    ha ha :laugh: that's funny banks.....(note to self...don't make eye contact at the rhummy LOL)

Oh and I love to visit Glaw-sta....that's how I say it so I guess there could be some truth to all that accent stuff!

at work I use my "R's" but when I'm just hanging w/ my peeps, I let my guard down and my r's disappea....... lol

:wink:
    Ali
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    we just tried this recipe the other night and it was FABULOUS! (it is from the Better Homes and Garden's "New Dieter's Cookbook"). I served it over a small bed of rice, so you would have to add those calories to the count listed at the bottom.

1 lb skinless whitefish or other white-fleshed fish fillets (at least 1/2 in thick)
    1/2 c chopped onion
    1/2 c diced carrot
    1/4 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    12 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut on the bias into 1" pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)

In a 8x8 in baking dish, stir together the onion, carrot, broth, and garlic.

Top with the fish, tucking under any thin edges

Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika

Top w/asparagus

Bake, covered w/foil, at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily w/a fork
    1 lb of fish serves 4
    176 cals each serving
    6 g fat total
    65 mg cholesterol
    249 mg sodium
    6 g carbs
    2 g fiber
    23 g protein
  • paulam
    paulam Posts: 16 Member
    Check out "allrecipes.com" You can search for anything.
This discussion has been closed.